WHERE BLACK MEN LEAD CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE. Void where prohibited by law and outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Promotion begins at 12:00:01 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 25, 2022 and ends at 11: 59:59 PM (ET) on June 10, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: BET’s “Where Black Men Lead” (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of the date of entry. If the a person is at least eighteen (18) years old and is deemed a minor in his/her state/jurisdiction of primary residence, that person must have his/her parent’s/legal guardian’s permission to enter this Promotion. Employees, officers, and directors of Black Entertainment Television LLC (“Sponsor”), Viacom International Inc., Paramount Global, Greenfly, Inc. (“Contest Website Administrator”) or any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, and advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of potential winners.
A person who submits an entry featuring multiple persons must obtain the express permission of all persons featured in the video to be featured in that video and to submit the entry in connection with this Promotion.
2. SPONSOR: Black Entertainment Television LLC, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entry is via online only. During the Promotion Period, create and upload an original video of at least thirty seconds (:30) seconds in length but no longer than sixty seconds (:60) seconds in length meeting the Submission Guidelines set forth hereinafter to https://gf.fan/bet/whereblackmenleadcontest(the “Contest Website”) in which you honor and acknowledge your father or a father figure in your life by telling us about the biggest impact he has made on your life and how he has encouraged you to make an impact in your life and in the community (the “Video”). Include how he exemplifies the following characteristics:
- Demonstration of service as a role model or inspiration and/or has championed your personal and professional endeavors,
- Demonstration of upholding and championing personal freedom and examples of how he has invested in your ability to live a thriving life, and
- Demonstration of having made sacrifice for you to achieve your goals
Videos should not contain music or any elements in violation with the guidelines set forth hereinafter. A Video submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall constitute an “Entry”. You will be required to read and comply with these Official Rules and the terms of service on the Contest Website [https://portal.greenfly.com/termsofservice] as part of completing an Entry.
In the event multiple persons are featured in the Video, only one of those persons can upload the video through https://gf.fan/bet/whereblackmenleadcontest.
All Videos submitted in connection with the Promotion must adhere to the following guidelines (”Submission Guidelines”) in order to be eligible:
- Must be at least thirty (30) seconds (:30) in length but no more than sixty (60) seconds (:60) in length in landscape format (MP4, MOV or AVI format with a maximum file size of 500 MB)
- Entries must be the entrant’s original idea (modification of an original work is not an original idea) and must not copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source;
- Must not contain material which is (or promote activities which are), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous or in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the entry is created in their application; and
- Must not contain material or elements, including, without limitation, music, lyrics and/or audiovisual assets, that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, the Submission must not include third party trademarks or logos (other than Sponsor trademarks), website links, social media handles, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, sculptures, music, or the image and likeness of those who have not granted permission.
- MUST NOT include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image or likeness in the video submission or otherwise use such images or likenesses in accordance with these Official Rules. Entrant must be prepared to provide signed authorizations upon request.
LIMIT: One (1) entry per person throughout the Promotion Period. Additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple entries by the same entrant (including where such entrant uses multiple social media accounts) may not be considered and the entrant may be disqualified.
By entering, each entrant agrees that his/her entry must comply with these Official Rules and the terms of service of the Contest Website [https://portal.greenfly.com/termsofservice]. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may reject any entrant’s entry and disqualify him/her and, if applicable, his/her dance team from the Promotion if Sponsor believes that such entry fails to adhere to the above guidelines. Normal Internet, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Further, by entering, each entrant warrants and represents that their entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Entrants further warrant and represent that they have secured the requisite consent from any third party appearing or referenced in their entry. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Promotion. All Entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as the “Eligible Entries”.
In addition, by submitting an entry in this Promotion, each entrant: (I) WARRANTS AND REPRESENTS THAT THE ENTRANT IS THE INDIVIDUAL PICTURED AND HEARD IN THE ENTRY; (ii) WARRANTS AND REPRESENTS THAT THEIR ENTRY, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ANY AUTHORIZED ASSETS CONTAINED THEREIN: (a) IS ORIGINAL TO THE ENTRANT, HAS BEEN LEGALLY OBTAINED AND CREATED, AND THAT THE ENTRANT OWNS ALL RIGHTS TO THE ENTRY (OTHER THAN THE PROMOTION MUSIC TRACK); (b) DOES NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, PRIVACY OR PUBLICITY RIGHTS OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR MORAL RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR VIOLATE APPLICABLE LAWS, REGULATIONS, OR NETWORK STANDARDS; (c) HAS NOT BEEN ENTERED IN OR WON PREVIOUS CONTESTS OR AWARDS; AND; AND (d) HAS NOT BEEN PUBLISHED PREVIOUSLY, AND WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED OR UPLOADED, TO ANY OTHER MEDIUM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ONLINE VIDEO SERVICE.
Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the entrant. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, accounts, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same e-mail account. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account subscriber of the e-mail account provided with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account” subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or will be disqualified. Entries from an invalid, non-working, or inactive account will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
4. SELECTION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNING ENTRIES: A judging panel comprised of BET creative, production and editorial staff members will review all Eligible Entries and will judge and select one (1) grand prize winner (The “Grand Prize Winner”) and 156 first prize winners (the “First Prize Winners” and together with the Grand Prize Winner, the “Winners”) on or around June 11, 2022 from among all Eligible Entries based on the entry that most closely aligns with and evidences the submission criteria set forth in Section 3 (the “Judging Criteria”). NOTE: Prizes will be awarded directly to the individual nominated/referenced in the winning Entries. The potential Winners will be notified via email within around 72 hours of being selected. POTENTIAL WINNERS MUST RESPOND TO THE WINNER NOTIFICATION WITHIN 72 HOURS OF BEING SENT; IF SPONSOR DOES NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A POTENTIAL WINNER WITHIN THAT TIME (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION), THAT POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND AN ALTERNATIVE POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE SELECTED FROM AMONG ALL REMAINING ELIGIBLE ENTRIES USING THE WINNER SELECTION PROCESS SET FORTH ABOVE. EXCEPT WHERE LEGALLY PROHIBITED, POTENTIAL WINNERS (OR THE POTENTIAL WINNER’S PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN, IF THE POTENTIAL WINNER IS DEEMED A MINOR IN HIS/HER STATE/JURISDICTION OF PRIMARY RESIDENCE) MAY BE REQUIRED TO SIGN AND RETURN, WITHIN 72 HOURS OF BEING NOTIFIED (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION), AN AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY, LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY RELEASE (THE “AFFIDAVIT”). If (a) a potential Winner cannot be contacted in person by email after the first attempt to contact him/her, (b) a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), or (c) a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will select an alternate winner selected through the winner selection process set forth above.
VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS/PRIZE RECIPIENTS: All potential WINNERS/PRIZE RECIPIENTS are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. An entrant is not a winner unless and until entrant’s/POTENTIAL PRIZE RECIPIENT’S eligibility HAS been verified and entrant/PRIZE RECIPIENT has been notified that verification is complete.
There will be 157 prizes awarded as follows:
Grand Prize (1): $10,000 cash prize will be awarded to the father figure honored in the top winning Entry (the “Grand Prize”)
First Prizes (156) One (1) BET Father’s Day Kit will be awarded to each of the father figures honored in the First Prize Winners’ winning Videos. Prize recipients will have the option to choose from among the following options:
Self Care – Scotch Porter: Head to Toe Collection, Signature Candle, Fragrance Library
Noir Bar Kit – Old Fashion Bar Kit
Play Music – Sonos Roam/Shadow Black
Beats – Powerbeats Pro/Black
Pro Grilling – Williams Sonoma Black-Handled BBQ Tool with Storage Case, Grill Prep Trays, set of 2, Williams Sonoma Digital BBQ Fork Thermometer, OXO Sauce Dispensing Basting Brush
Leather – Full Grain Leather Gift Set/Black Onyx | Nickel Hardware
Charged – Courant Wireless Charging
Hot Shave – Heated Razor Starter Kit by GilleteLabs includes Heated Razor, 2x GilleteLabs balds and Charging station
(each, a ‘First Prize”)
(the Grand Prize and the First Prizes shall be collectively referred to hereinafter as the “Prize(s)”)
No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of a prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
The approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $10,000 and the ARV of each First Prize is between $150.00 and $175.00 and the total maximum ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this Promotion is up to $37,300. The actual final retail value of the Prizes may be higher or lower based current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment and the specific prize packages awarded. Any difference between the final value and the approximate retail value of the Prize will not be awarded. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. All prize elements, dates and arrangements are subject to change based on availability and provider’s approval. Any portion of the prizes not accepted by a verified prize recipient. winner will be forfeited. If a Prize is forfeited in its entirety, and there is sufficient time to determine and notify an alternate prize recipient, the Prize may be awarded to an alternate prize recipient r to be determined based on the original judging criteria from among all remaining Eligible Entries. Prize Recipients must complete and return a Liability and Publicity Release prior to prize fulfillment. A potential prize recipient is not a recipient of a Prize until they have been verified as the prize recipient by the Sponsor. Upon finalizing all prize arrangements for winner, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the Prize to such prize recipient, and the prize recipient assumes full responsibility for the Prize. Sponsor shall be responsible for any delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to the prizing. Prize recipient will be solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state or local taxes on the Prize based upon the value of the Prize as set forth in these Official Rules and will be issued an IRS form 1099 for the value as published in these Official Rules. Any details related to the Prize not specified herein shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
6. WINNERS’ ENTRIES FEATURED IN SPONSOR VIDEO: The Winners’ Videos or a portion thereof may be featured, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) in an audio-visual program that may be broadcast via broadcast networks, including, but not limited to, broadcast networks owned and operated by Sponsor. Sponsor has complete discretion as to whether a Winner’s Video is featured in any broadcast program and, if featured as such, the manner in which the Winner’s video is incorporated into the broadcast program.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of Entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Promotion, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Promotion or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) select a winner (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, PARAMOUNT GLOBAL AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PORTION OF THIS PROMOTION CANNOT BE ADMINISTERED AS PLANNED (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION) DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROMOTION, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. PUBLICITY: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION CONSTITUTES EACH ENTRANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER’S ENTRY (INCLUDING THE ENTRANT’S POSTED PHOTOGRAPH), NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
10. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Federal or state court located in New York, NY; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
12. WINNER IDENTIFICATION: For the names of the Winners, available for sixty (60) days after verification of the winners, or to request a copy of these Official Rules, send an email to: email@example.com “RE: BET WHERE BLACK MEN LEAD CONTEST-WINNERS LIST” or “BET WHERE BLACK MEN LEAD CONTEST-OFFICIAL RULES”.
Copyright ©2022 Black Entertainment Television LLC.