FLSA Code: Computer Employee
Standard Hours per Week: 40
Full Time or Part Time?: Full
Work Schedule Summary
Monday to Friday; 8 am to 5 pm and
additional hours may be required
VP Area: President
Department: 00428 – UIT – Network &
City: Salt Lake City, UT
Range: $47,600 to $90,400 DOE
Open Until Filled: Yes
- Installs, configures, and maintains Avaya Aura IP PBX hardware and associated peripherals,
operating systems and software such as Avaya Elite Multi-channel (EMC) Contact Center, CMS Reporting, Proactive Contact Dialer, Proactive Outreach Management and Call Recording Systems.
performs daily, routine and complex system administration/maintenance, including hardware and software upgrades, system recovery and
- Collaborates with Voice Systems team members and groups to identify and develop scalable network designs and
- Participates in conjunction with application stakeholders and ensures that all software patches are up to
- Maintains documentation of the environment, backup software management and hardware management, operating system hardening
procedures, change management, work orders and is required to be on-call rotation.
- Works closely with other UIT teams including Telephone Technicians, Service Desk, Architecture, Security, Network Operations, Electronic
Communications and Account Executives. This position will report to the Associate Director of Unified Communications Voice
Located in Salt Lake City, in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountains, the University of Utah is the flagship
institution of the State of Utah’s system of higher education and a member of the PAC-12 Conference. Salt Lake
City combines the amenities of a major metropolitan area of more than one million people with the friendliness and ease of living of a
small, Western city. Seven major ski resorts are within an hour’s drive from campus, and opportunities to pursue activities from biking to
hiking to fishing abound. Salt Lake is also home to the Utah Symphony and Opera, the Utah Ballet, several professional sports teams, and a
wide range of other cultural and recreational activities.
University Information Technology, the central IT service provider for
campus, reports to the Chief Information Officer and is responsible for many of the University of Utah’s most critical common IT resources
including the campus network; the Campus Information Services (CIS) portal; UMail, telephone, and online
collaboration services; high performance and research computing; information security; teaching and learning technologies; software
licensing; and a host of other systems and applications. Visit University Information Technology for more information.
is a Category IIA position: Not required on campus and able to telework during the duration of the
University’s COVID-19 response. Employees and/or functions where employees are able to work remotely in order to
maintain campus systems, campus operations, clinical operations, and patient care.
configures, and maintains Avaya Aura IP PBX hardware and associated peripherals, operating systems and software
such as Avaya Elite Multi-channel (EMC) Contact Center, CMS Reporting, Proactive Contact
Dialer, Proactive Outreach Management and Call Recording Systems.
- Actively performs daily, routine and complex system
administration/maintenance, including hardware and software upgrades, system recovery and performance tuning.
- Collaborates with
Voice Systems team members and groups to identify and develop scalable network designs and solutions.
- Participates in conjunction
with application stakeholders and ensures that all software patches are up to date.
- Maintains documentation of the environment,
backup software management and hardware management, operating system hardening procedures, change management, work orders and is required to
be on-call rotation.
- Works closely with other UIT teams including Telephone Technicians, Service Desk,
Architecture, Security, Network Operations, Electronic Communications and Account Executives. This position will report to the Associate
Director of Unified Communications Voice Systems.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of
specialty or equivalency and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Thorough knowledge of telecommunications systems and operations
- Good understanding of data
communications and network protocols such as Internet Protocol IP and their implementation
- Knowledge of Copper and Fiber Cable
- Experience and or certifications with one or more of the following is preferred: Avaya Products IP Telephony, Session
Manager, Enterprise Survivable Server ESS , Media Gateways, Communications Manager, CMS
and or IQ, Interaction Center, Operational Analyst, Verint Call Recording, Integrated Management, Interactive Voice Response, SIP and Sessions Border Controllers
- Understanding of problem, change, performance, and service level management,
from both an operations as well as a requirements perspective
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication
skills, strong analytical abilities, strong organizational and prioritization skills and strong customer service skills
ability to work in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve a common
- Advanced ability to solve problems by considering available information, prioritizing and making timely decisions correlating
data using standard tools and approaches, spotting trends and applying sound risk management principles.
- Working with IT Operations
as part of a bigger team
- Working as an effective team member to complete project components and assigned tasks.
written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to
details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to “internal client”
and customer service principles.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take
initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Ability to complete functional
design requirements for all of the Avaya contact center technology.
- In-depth skills with Interactive Voice Response IVR and call flow visualization skills.
- Understanding and experience from both sides of the call and a logical
flow to encapsulate the entire event from start to finish, smoothly and efficiently.
- Experience in building IVR flows (particularly visual IVR flows).
- Experience with speech recognition,
vocabularies and building speech routing.
- Responsible for development and implementation of KPI’s, SLA’s and
- Responsible for maintenance and upgrades to all contact center technology and support tools (e.g. Scripts), reports,
- Configuration Management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel,
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as
outlined in the position description.
Preferred minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a mission
critical operation within an education and trauma one 24/7 hospital environment encompassing a large, complex high volume application
environment. Avaya call routing & call center experience.
Type: Benefited Staff
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its
workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically
underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to
apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or
call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To
request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University is a participating employer with
Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human
Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770
or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.