Those involved in SSC scam must be punished, says TMC’s Kunal Ghosh | #phishing | #scams



Trinamool Congress spokesperson Kunal Ghosh Saturday said that those involved in the teachers recruitment scam must be punished or it will create a precedent in future.


In an apparent referrence to Bengal minister Partha Chatterjee, who was arrested by the ED in the teachers recruitment scam, he said those tasked with resolving the crisis have made a mess out of it.


“The school recruitment issue has become a mess because of a few people who were tasked with resolving the crisis. The guilty must be punished or the scam will become a precedent in the future,” Ghosh said.


The Enforcement Directorate last week arrested Chatterjee, who was the education minister when the irregularities took place. The central agency is probing the money trail in the scam and has recovered about Rs 50 crore in cash, besides gold and foreign currency from two flats owned by Chatterjee’s associate Arpita Mukherjee.


Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had relieved Chatterjee of his portfolios, including the important departments of commerce and industry on Thursday. He was also suspended from Trinamool Congress and removed from all party posts.


Ghosh requested the agitating candidates of the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) candidates to stop their protest demonstration outside TMC national general secretary Abhishek Banerjee’s office.


“Our party (TMC) is sympathetic to their cause. But we request the TET candidates to withdraw their protest programme outside Abhishek Banerjee’s office and submit in writing their demands instead,” he said.


Protesting School Service Commission(SSC) job aspirants Friday said their meeting with Banerjee was “fruitful” and he has assured that justice will be delivered.


Following this a group of TET candidates squatted outside Banerjee’s office on Saturday demanding a similar dialogue with their representatives.


The police forcibly evicted the protestors earlier in the day as the protestors refused to comply with its request to withdraw.

(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Dear Reader,

Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.

We, however, have a request.

As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.

Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.

Digital Editor





Original Source link

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

five + one =