What could be worse than seeing a number pop up when your phone rings and thinking — this must be someone I know because the number looks familiar and is even local — only to find out it’s yet another spam call? Spam calls and texts are a waste of your time and energy. But you don’t have to grin, bear it, and just put up with them. There are steps you can take to shield your device against receiving more spam. SEO Expert Emma Jones explains the life-changing hack for blocking spam calls that no one ever told you about.
“Spam is one of the most annoying things in the world, it is just like a pest that will annoy you and try to steal your precious data,” Jones says. “But don’t worry, you can block spammers and their messages on your iPhone. It is not an easy task to block spam on your iPhone because it is one of the most important devices in your life. As you might know, iPhones are the most popular smartphones, and there are a lot of spammers who try to steal your personal information.”
Get To Know Your Settings
If you want to block spammers from accessing your personal information, Jones explains that the way to do it is by getting up close and personal with your settings and the ones that can block spam. Here are the step you should take:
- First, open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to the General section..
- Here, go to the Phone option and scroll down.
- Now, go to the Cellular section and turn off the option that says “Erase Messages After Deleting.”
- Now, scroll down to the “Messages” section and click on the “More” button.
- Now, you will see the option to “Manage your SMS & MMS Settings”.
- Click on this option and you will see the option “Manage Block List”.
- Click on the “+” sign and you will get a screen that will ask you to enter the email address of the person that you want to block.
- Enter the email address of the person that you want to block and click on the “Add” button.
- Now, you will see a list of all the spammers that you have blocked.
The 100+ Best Beauty Launches Of 2022
“It is not a difficult task to block spammers on your iPhone, but you need to have an active mail account on your iPhone,” Jones says. Your iPhone is equipped with settings to cut spam off and keep spammers blocked from your device so that you never have to deal with that annoyance again.