Mac security software adds another layer of protection onto what Apple provides already with features that can help to protect your identity, passwords and financial details. These are the thing that criminals are after, and they’ll often use cunning ways to extract them rather than spending time trying to break past Apple’s defences in macOS.
Although some of the packages here are solely focused on macOS, others will also protect Android and Windows devices you might also own, and that makes the price of protection much cheaper per computer.
Good security software should warn you before you click on a dangerous website, or open a ‘phishing’ email with a dodgy attachment, which could trick you into handing over your bank details, passwords or other sensitive information.
Black Friday Antivirus deals
With Black Friday almost here antivirus software companies are already making their usual discounts even better.
- Kaspersky 70% right now, so you can get one year’s worth of protection for five devices for just £17.99/$30.99. RRP: £59.99/$99.99. Get the deal here.
- Bitdefener also has more money off than usual, and although they aren’t marking it as a Black Friday we expect that it will revert to the usual saving after this period. Right now you can get 50% off making it £19.99 for one year for three devices. Normally it’s £15 off the RRP, so £29.99. Get the deal here.
- F-Secure is offering 50% off F-Secure Total from Wednesday 24 November 2021 to 29 November 2021 (the discount is normally 40%). The RRP of F-Secure Total is £59.99 for one device, but the deal will make it £29.99. To cover three devices will cost £39.99 (reduced from £79.99). Five devices will cost £49.99 (reduced from £99.99). Get the deal here.
- Norton also has a Special Offer for Norton 360 Deluxe that is valid from 18 November 2021 until 30 November 2021 (so basically Black Friday). You can get one year cover for five devices for £24.99/$24.99 (normally the deal makes the 1st year price £34.99 rather than the £84.99/$104.99 RRP.) Get the deal here.
- Panda Dome Essential 2021 has 60% off for Black Friday. So it’s just £14 a year for one device. Get the deal here.
We run through the best Mac antivirus for 2021 in a separate article if you’d like to see what our top pick is. We also answer the question Do Macs need antivirus software?
For more deals on Apple products see our Latest Apple deals.
Intego® #1 Mac Antivirus
Best antivirus deals for Mac
1. Intego Mac Internet Security X9
Now: £20.99 (£29 off)
Intego is our top pick for Mac antivirus. It’s the fastest we’ve reviewed, and has an impressive clean-up rate. It comes with a brilliant firewall, too.
For the first year, you get £29 / $25 off the usual price of £49.99 / $49.99.
2. Bitdefender Antivirus For Mac – 1 Year, 3 Devices
Now: £19.99 (50% off)
One of our top picks for Mac is Bitdefender,which currently has a 50% discount, so you can get it for £19.99. That’s a one year subscription for up to three devices.
The RRP is £39.99. Until recently it had £15 off, which was still a good deal at £24.99 to protect three Macs.
Note that this is the price for the first year only.
3. Norton 360 Deluxe – 1 Year, 5 Devices
Was: £84.99 / $104.99
Now: £24.99 / $24.99 (For first year)
Another of our top antivirus picks, Norton offers a discount for the first 12 months – which is usually £34.99 / $34.99, but for Black Friday Norton has an extra £10 off the 1st year price for £34.99/$34.99. So you can get it for £24.99/$24.99.
However, you should remember that after those 12 months, the renewal price is £84.99 / $104.99 a year.
Alternatively, you could take out a two-year subscription (you’ll find this option on the same page) and get two years for £89.99/$89.99 (£44.99/$44.99 a year) which sounds like a worse deal, but don’t forget you’re getting a discount on both years, not just the first, so it is cheaper overall.
4. BullGuard Premium Protection – 1 Year, 10 Devices
Was: £69.99 / $99.99
Now: £28 / $40 (60% off)
BullGuard Premium offers protection for up to 10 devices for 1 year.
A discount of 60%, brings the price down to £28 / $40. That’s just £2.80 / $4 per device. Just note that, like the other offers here, the discount applies only to the first year of your subscription.
5. Kaspersky Total Security – 1 Year, 5 Devices
Was: £59.99 / $99.99
Now: £17.99 / $30.99 (70% off)
Save 70% on Kaspersky Total Security, as well as Anti-Virus, Internet Security and Security Cloud. This particular deal is for five devices for a year, but you can select how many devices you need to protect and how many years: you’ll still get 70% off.
If you’re in the US, you’ll find the same deal here.
6. Trend Micro Antivirus For Mac – 1 Year, 1 Devices
From: Trend Micro
Now: £29.97 (30% off)
Trend Micro’s online protection is available with 40% off right now for one year. (It’s usually £34.96 a year, which is 30% off the RRP).
7. F-Secure Total – 3 devices
Now: £39.99 (50% off for Black Friday)
F-Secure is offering 50% off F-Secure Total for Black Friday (24 November 2021 – 29 November 2021).
You can get F-Secure Total for £29.99 for one device (RRP: £59.99). Cover three devices for £39.99 (RRP: £79.99). Cover five devices for £49.99 (RRP £99.99).
(The discount is normally 40% outside of Black Friday).
8. Panda Dome Essential 2021 – 1 Year, 1 Device
From: Panda Security
Now: £14.99 (60% off)
Panda Dome Essentials includes top-rated antivirus protection, plus a VPN (albeit with only 150MB of data to use per day).
For Black Friday Panda will protect one device for one year for £14, which is 60% off. (Although we should note, it’s normally 40% off, or £20.99 a year).
It will protect Mac, Windows and Android devices, but this single-license isn’t actually Panda’s best offer. There’s a three-device license which is only £18.80, which is £6.27 per device. That’s normally 60% off the usual price for a year’s protection.
9. Avira Antivirus Pro – 1 Year, 1 Device
Now: £29.99 (17% off)
Avira is well known for its free antivirus which is available for macOS as well as Windows. It’s very effective, too and if you pay for the Pro version you get official support, more regular updates, plus email and web protection.
How to find a good antivirus deal
It can be tricky to know where to start with antivirus. Protecting your tech from malware, ransomware and other cyber attacks is such an important thing to do, but most of the services available appear to be very similar to one another, so it’s hard to understand which are the most secure, and which are the best value.
You can rest assured that we will only share deals here if we think they’re good enough to be worth buying. Everything we share here will be a great saving on a service we trust.
We recommend taking a look at our article all about the best Mac antivirus to help you get a better understanding of which services we like most.
You’ll find that antivirus discounts can be huge, often at more than half price for your Mac or mobile devices. Do note that these are typically first-year deals, and at renewal you’ll pay the regular price.
Discounts can sometimes be found on antivirus providers’ websites as a digital download, while third-party retailers like Amazon, Argos and Currys PC World often have cheap boxed versions, and there’s usually the option of a code via email from Amazon meaning you get it instantly.