GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Sr Technology Service Delivery Manager who will be accountable for the development, implementation, evaluation and ongoing delivery of full cycle service delivery management of new and existing IT products and services. The escalation point accountable for the achievement of Service Level Targets for the assigned services, and primary point of contact to Service delivery. Ensures the customer or Service Providers receive the services and performance that have been agreed upon and contracted for. Expertise capable of working across many different infrastructure and application domains, including providing proactive optimization recommendations in order to ensure that OLG is able to operate as business to meet or exceed customer expectations. Builds appropriate support models across OLG and service provider IT teams to ensure efficient ITIL processes and support.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director Network Operations, you will be empowered to:
- Support the management of all external operator relationships and performs a quality assurance role to ensure that internal and external support teams are meeting contractual obligations, including SLAs or other defined metrics
- Responsible for the negotiation and agreement of OLA’s and SLA’s ensuring the management of appropriate underpinning contracts with 3rd party suppliers and IT Service Managers. Provides service delivery leadership, direction and technical support.
- Identify any potential issues or risks and provide recommendations for remediation in order to continue to drive and build successful OLG-operator relationships
- Advocate on behalf of customers and interfaces with the Technology teams to rectify any performance or service challenges experienced by operators to improve customer and vendor experience.
- Collaborate and monitor the various Technology teams and external vendors to ensure products and services delivered are in alignment with customer expectations.
- Build Support Models with both internal and external support teams and vendors, and where applicable integrates with Service Provider IT support process for incident, problem, and change.
- Conduct monthly and adhoc Service Review meetings with service providers and vendors.
- Provide support on major incident processes based on demonstrated knowledge and ability to work across the Technology domain
- Lead root-cause analysis, solution research and development for new and unknown cloud applications and infrastructure issues to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Support maintaining/monitoring the long-term relationships with operators in order to provide additional OLG value and services
- Implement and define best practices for application and infrastructure operations, including raising/sponsor upgrades, maintenance fixes and vendor-supplied patches and other capital projects to optimize technology benefits.
- Perform operational capacity and performance analysis to ensure optimal performance of services and provides recommendations identifying to management and analyst teams for continuous improvement opportunities, SLA optimization to further drive operational standardization to deliver consistent quality and service
- Provide advice, guidance and recommendations on development of application/infrastructure standards, policies, procedures, technologies, tools, and frameworks to ensure consistency including leveraging agile methodologies to identify further opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Identify and evaluates opportunities to leverage cloud-based technologies to enable infrastructure operations as recommended in the cloud strategy and identify any associated impacts and provide recommendations.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other Technology teams to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of infrastructure to meet business demands
- Monitor and manage both internally and externally-delivered solutions, from identification of business needs through to transition of the solution to the production environment to ensure build will meet operational SLA’s
- Review the detailed solution design to ensure alignment to the overall business outcomes
Additional Job details: Required to comply and to interpret regulations and policies and to ensure compliance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within Technology or related function. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in cloud/on-premises operations/application operations and infrastructure operations in a fast-paced enterprise environment. Providing Subject Matter Expertise and/or guidance to the team. Proficient in twenty-eight (28) of the above primary knowledge competency areas as listed above.
Education: Post-secondary degree, preferably in an information system, business administration and/or project management discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Primary knowledge around:
- ITIL and IT Service Delivery Life cycle
- Vendor Account Management
- Business assessment and requirements analysis
- Solution Architecture (SA)
- System Development Life Cycle
- Technology Architecture
- Capacity and Performance planning and monitoring
- Service availability and continuity
- Risk and Security management
- Support Model design
- Workflow Analysis
- Modeling: Use Case
- Database Design (Physical)
- Hardware Infrastructure
- User Experience Design
- Cloud Computing
- Agile Development
- Application Development (Web/Client/Server)
Secondary knowledge around:
- Data Governance
- System and Technology Integration
- Information Management
- Data Administration
Collaboration & Fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success (Permanent OLG Employees Only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by May 6, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.