Admin – Information Technology – IT Support and Training
Barry University is currently seeking a full time Remote Site Operations Coordinator.
This position often
involves access to privileged/personal data and requires an individual who exhibits sound judgment and discretion. This position
requires frequently traveling to remote sites, and working independently. Professionalism and excellent communication skills are
required as this position regularly communicates directly with students, faculty and staff. Position requires flexibility to work
evenings and weekends as needed for project implementations and special event support.
Provide & maintain desktop equipment and support to the university at remote locations by:
- Providing and coordinating Tier 2 service, including traveling to and/or coordinating the support for remote sites, as
- Utilizing remote assistance when possible.
- Providing Tier 1 support, when needed.
- Working with the
Associate Director of Client Services to manage Technology Lifecycle deployments at remote locations in order to maintain usability of
- Coordinating the return of ‘end-of-life/lease’ computing equipment from remote locations back to main campus
for proper donation/disposal/return.
- Performing and scheduling imaging and software deployments at remote
- Resolving escalated desktop support issues for faculty/staff/students at remote locations.
- Providing and
coordinating support/service for networking components, IP phone and multimedia equipment and connectivity at remote
- Communicating/coordinating with the vendor/partner responsible for managed print services to resolve printer hardware
changes/issues at remote locations.
- Communicating and coordinating with vendors/manufacturers to resolve various hardware/software
issues at remote locations.
Assisting with daily operations of Desktop Support Services by:
- Evaluating special computing equipment need requests at remote locations, and collaborating with Associate Director of Client
Services to recommend/provide solutions.
- Scheduling Technology Lifecycle computer deployments at remote locations, and coordinating
old equipment removal from offices.
- Performing Tier 2 level support for faculty/staff/students at remote locations, as
- Processing warranty replacements for desktop/laptop equipment.
- Configuring printers and multifunction devices to the
network for printing, faxing, and scanning to email at remote locations.]
- Working with the Associate Director of Client Services on
remote imaging and software deployment, software testing and special projects, as needed.
Performs other job related duties as
assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology,
Business Administration, or other related field is required.
- ITIL Foundations v3 certification required.
- Microsoft, CompTIA
A+ or other computer related or networking certification is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- 3-5 years of
- Must have the ability to take-apart and re-assemble computer components as well as to image computers, deploy
software and perform software support and troubleshooting.
- Must be able to communicate highly technical concepts into easily
- Good communication skills, oral and written.
Benefits: Barry University offers a comprehensive
benefits package to full-time employees that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off
and work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs, spirituality in the workplace, and training and development.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Barry University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off and work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs, spirituality in the workplace and training and development.
Barry University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Barry University does not discriminate applicants or employees for terms of employment on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, familial status, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability status, veteran status or any other terms prohibited under county ordinance, state or federal law.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.