Luxembourg Red Cross is recruiting
The mission of the Luxembourg Red Cross is to improve the living conditions of vulnerable people. Our thousands of volunteers and our 1900 professionals make us a major player in the fields of Health, Social, Youth and Humanitarian.
If you want to put your skills and commitment at the service of an organization playing a key role in health and solidarity in Luxembourg and active internationally, join us. We offer interesting personal and professional development opportunities in a dynamic and rewarding work environment.
Program Officer (m/f/d) – Ukraine Response – ref : 2464
For the projects of the International Aid of the Luxembourg Red Cross A.S.B.L. in Ukraine on a 12-month CDD – renewable.
Posted: 10 June 2022
Closing date: 26 June 2022
The position is based in Kyiv with, as required, very limited travel and only if security conditions permit. The projects consist of assistance to vulnerable, refugee, displaced and disaster-stricken populations, mainly in the areas of housing, sanitation, and health.
Reporting to the Head of Mission, the Program Officer (m/f) will be responsible for the implementation of emergency projects in Ukraine.
Luxembourg Red Cross (LRC) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Luxembourg Red Cross operates mainly in sub-Saharan Africa but as well in Nepal, Ukraine and Moldova. The focus is that every day, women and children are protected, live with dignity and keep or regain their autonomy. Our expertise is in Shelter, mainly in rehabilitation/reconstruction of housing and social-health infrastructures.
In Luxembourg, we work on raising awareness of humanitarian law among young people. Our aim is to encourage responsible behavior in order to contribute to a fairer world.
As part of the global family of 192 National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, our experts in Luxembourg and in the countries of operation work tirelessly to ensure concrete and impactful actions for women and children, while optimizing financial resources. More info: www.croix-rouge.lu/en
LRC activities in Ukraine
LRC has been operating in Ukraine since 1992 and increase the response during the crises in 2014. Since 2015, LRC has an office in eastern Ukraine in Donetsk oblast, where we are implementing emergency and development actions with the aim of improving quality of life, promoting rights of vulnerable individuals, and to strengthening health infrastructures.
LRC’s current portfolio adopts an integrated and multi-sectoral approach which includes interventions centered on Shelter, WASH and Health. The operational context in Ukraine today is considered largely humanitarian/emergency while phasing in resilience programming.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Mission, you contribute within the country where you will be based to the implementation of the mandate and the strategy. You will have a role providing overall leadership of the program development.
LRC is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to having a diverse team where individuals of all backgrounds collaborate and learn from one another. We believe we can be most effective with diverse experience and expertise in our team.
- Works under the direct responsibility of the LRC Head of Mission in Ukraine.
- Responds indirectly or in the absence of the head of mission to the Ukraine desk at headquarters.
- Has under its operational responsibility the people assigned to the projects.
- Ukrainian Red Cross Society
- Partner National Societies present in Ukraine
- IFRC and ICRC
- Members of clusters and working groups in which the employee is mandated to participate
- LRC colleagues in Ukraine and abroad
Under the responsibility and supervision of the Head of Mission:
- Help facilitate project design activities.
- Liaising with government, movement and Red Cross coordination system and other NGOs to understand priorities and challenges, what is being done about them and how the LRC can support them.
- Contribute to the monitoring of humanitarian needs and to the adaptation and development of response strategies.
- Project design, proposal development.
- Working closely with the team to support fundraising for the reconstruction sector, including development of high-quality concept notes and proposals, and engagement with donors’ technical advisers.
- Contribute to prepare timely program and donor reports on project activities in compliance with LRC’s requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Planning and delivery of program activities as per the project proposal
- Monitor project implementation, outputs and outcomes, and ensure project-related data is clearly, safely and appropriately stored in line with LRC’s data protection standards.
- Facilitate and proactively ensure that all cross-team activities are coordinated efficiently.
- Maintain accurate, clear and compliant project documentation.
- Draft and compile donor reports.
- Analyze URCS needs and propose appropriate LRC solutions to improve two-way communication.
The role can evolve, so flexibility and the willingness to adapt to changing circumstances is crucial.
Essential criteria (applications that do not correspond to them will not be accepted):
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the implementation of humanitarian or development projects.
Languages: Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English, French is a plus.
Professional competency in written and spoken Ukrainian/Russian
Une qualité rédactionnelle importante est attendue.
Data processing: Excellent computer skills, in particular Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Tools such as PowerBI and Kobo is an advantage.
- Experience or knowledge of non-profit organizations, especially development or humanitarian organizations.
- Training in project cycle management and knowledge of donor project management mechanisms.
- Understanding the importance of language in humanitarian and development action especially Red Cross coordination mechanisms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships remotely and face to face.
- Experience of project monitoring.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and reliably, to a high standard and to tight deadlines.
- Flexible and able to innovate to find creative solutions and best practices.
- Good organizational and logistic skills, and an attention to detail.
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Resilience, flexibility, and a good sense of humor.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Accurate and timely reporting.
- Budget compliance and oversight.
- Organizational planning.
- Work well in team context.
What we offer
- An interesting and diversified job, on dynamic and varied projects in a challenging environment.
- Prospects for career extension and development depending on the employee’s performance and investment.
- An attractive remuneration calculated according to the experience of the candidate.
- Accommodation in a comfortable Guest House.
- A place in a dynamic multicultural team and work in collaboration with colleagues from the national CR movement and local companies on our projects.
How to apply
Applications should be sent via our website www.croix-rouge.lu/recrutement