Department: Information Technology Services (ITS)
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS), located on the Fairfax, Va., campus, invites applications for an Operations Specialist position within the Facilities and Infrastructure Operations team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Access control, environmental, systems, and network monitoring;
- Dispatching and escalating issues to other ITS teams, when necessary;
- Tracking and logging, vendor maintenance coordination and outage coordination;
- Communications, system backup processing.
- Relevant Associate Degree; technical training; certificate in computer technology; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Basic knowledge of UNIX operating system and UNIX commands;
- Basic understanding of fundamental network operations;
- Possess good working knowledge of contemporary computer hardware and data processing operations;
- Good oral and written English communication skills;
- Must be eligible to work in secure computing environments including International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI).
- Five or more years’ good working knowledge of contemporary computer hardware and data processing operations;
- Five or more years’ demonstrated experience working in a medium to large data-center environment;
- One or more years’ basic knowledge of UNIX operating system and UNIX command.
3:00 p.m.-11:30 p.m., Sunday-Thursday
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Salary: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Location: Fairfax, VA
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 01703z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references. References must include name, email address and phone number.
Must be able to work Sunday-Thursday from 3:00 p.m.-11:30 p.m.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.