While OnePlus is busy shaping up Android 13 through its Developer Preview program, the company is also reminding users that it hasn’t forgotten about the OnePlus Nord by releasing an update through its Open Beta program. It may take several more rounds of Open Beta releases before we see the final stable OxygenOS 12 build lands on this device, but the OEM is making steady progress in that direction. The third OxygenOS Open Beta based on Android 12 is now available for the OnePlus Nord.
As expected, Open Beta 3 is mostly a bug-fixing update, and we’re not seeing any major shuffle in terms of new features or UI changes. Fixes have been deployed for the boot animation and Google Assistant voice activation, for instance. The build also addresses the issue of the glitchy touch sounds. Finally, the Android security patch level has been bumped to April 2022.
The full update changelog for the OnePlus Nord’s Open Beta 3 release is as follows:
- [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.04
- [Fixed] the issue of abnormal Touch sounds
- [Fixed] the issue of abnormal boot animation
- [Fixed] the occasional issue that unable to start “OK Google” with voice
The list of known issues can be found below:
- The display of some pages in Settings will be different from the system.
- The screen will glitch in specific scenarios when calling.
- Camera may crash when shooting photos in Portrait mode.
- The abnormal display of thumbnail when taking burst pictures.
- The abnormal display of Quick device connect when in the Guest mode.
OnePlus Nord XDA Forums
Download OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus Nord
Users already on the OxygenOS beta path will receive this update as an incremental OTA if they are stock unrooted, and as a complete update if they are rooted. On the other hand, people who are not enrolled to the beta program need to download and manually flash the ROM.
- OnePlus Nord
- Open Beta 3 (AC2001_11.F.11)
Although installing the Open Beta on top of a stable channel build won’t erase your data, it’s advised that you still take a full backup of your important data before switching the update track. You can flash the rollback package if you wish to revert to the stable channel.
Thanks to XDA Recognized Developer mlgmxyysd for the download link!
Source: OnePlus Community Forums