New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on April 16, 2021) follows:
OnePlus’ 2021 flagship devices, the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro are shipping out to users, much to the delight of these new owners.
However, while the attention is on the beefiest OnePlus 9 Pro and its lesser brother the OnePlus 9, the other device announced at the launch, the OnePlus 9R is often left out.
The OnePlus 9R comes with most of the features that the other OnePlus 9 devices boast of with the little downgrade in the chipset, running on the Snapdragon 870 instead of the flagships’ Snapdragon 888.
Other than the chipset, this India-exclusive device also misses out on the wireless charging feature, a feature that is arguably less of a priority for users in India.
The OnePlus 9R, like its other siblings, was expected to go on sale within this month of April and as people start getting their units, OnePlus is pushing out its first OTA update to the 9R.
The update which can be identified by its software version number OxygenOS 126.96.36.199, brings a few optimization and enhancements to this device as outlined in the following changelog.
– Improved the charging stability to provide a better user experience
– Improved charging stability
– Improved the haptic feedback for Call of Duty Mobile
– Fixed the abnormal change of incoming ringtone with dual SIM cards
– Fixed the delay in incoming calls when the device is in charge
– General bug fixes
– Improved the loading speed of the gallery to speed up the process of previewing pictures
– Improved the vibrating performance of alarm tones
– Improved Wi-Fi Hotspot performance
This OnePlus 9R update comes a few weeks after we saw OnePlus rolling out the first OTA to the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro, an update that was aimed at improving the camera performance.
We shall continue to follow these and many more upcoming updates to the OnePlus 9 series of devices so check out our OnePlus 9 update tracker for more.
Update 1 (May 18)
IST 06:28 pm: It seems OnePlus 9R is now getting another incremental update based on OxygenOS 11 as version 188.8.131.52. The update offers a lot of fixes and improvements. Check out the complete changelog given below:
– Fixed the abnormal silent notification issue after muting the media volume
– Fixed UI issues in Freeform Windows
– Fixed general issues and improved system stability
– Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
– Fixed the issue that newly saved notes can’t sync to Shelf in time
– Improved the overall user experience
– Improved picture preview smoothness
– Improved the camera stability and shooting performance
– Fixed the abnormal image issue under Nightscape mode
NOTE: We have these and many more OnePlus stories in our dedicated OnePlus section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.