We are looking for a jack of alltrades with a broad skill base. As you would be required to work remotely it is a pre-requisite that you have a stable internet connection preferably fibre.
Duties and responsibilities include but is not limited to the below:
Deploy, manage and support voice and data solutions for clients.
Deal with vendors queries
Deal with Service providers queries
Need to do any network or other security work
Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g. Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
Configure and maintain VoIP phones for new and existing users
Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Meet SLA’s and reporting on SLA performance both internal and external
- Cisco : CCIE or CCNP certified with at least 10 years’ experience – BGP, OSPF , MPLS
- VMWare : VCAP certified – any experience with AWS and Azure an advantage
- MikroTik : Certified MTCINE
- VoIP : Asterisk, 3CX, A2B , VoIP Monitor, implementation and troubleshooting
- Advanced Linux experience Ubuntu / Centos / Debian
- Firewall Management – Sophos or competitive product – Fortigate – Checkpoint , Palo Alto
- Endpoint security Sophos or competitive product
- Backup and replication – Redstor and Veeam
- SNMP monitoring – PRTG or competitor product
Stable internet, preferably fibre
Working hours 8am – 5pm
Rotation of afterhours support every 3 weeks, monitor the ticketing system and taking after hours support calls and keeping an eye on the core network.
Experience in working for an Internet Service Provider / Telecoms Sector
Strong communications capabilities
Strong customer Service skills
Must meet the skills requirements, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience
Salary – Negotiable based on existing CTC
Desired Work Experience:
- More than 10 years IT Networking
- More than 10 years Systems / Network Administration
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
Connecting Business Since 2003!Network Platforms is a South African based Internet Service Provider designedto create effective ICT business environments.
Network Platforms offers avariety of services , specialising in the wholesale space and providing IPTransit, national long distance fibre, managed security and firewall services,voice over IP , backup and replication and virtual environments. WithDatacentre environments in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban as well as London.
Learn more/Apply for this position