Salary for Announcement
The beginning of the salary range is $72,200. The final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Pay Grade 2020: 20
Infrastructure & Networking
Admin < FT with benefits
Metropolitan State University of Denver is looking for a Network Architect/Engineer with experience leading end-to-end network design and implementation. As an Architect you will design data center network solutions, propose and implement new solutions, oversee the installation of networking hardware and manage/maintain the network infrastructure including wireless. You will provide senior level technical knowledge and input to maintain and troubleshoot existing LANs/WAN, wireless technology, network security, and data center switching. The Network Architect will ensure the team uses best practices provided by technology vendors.
Working under the direction of the Director of Network and Infrastructure Services; we ask that you have excellent technical expertise, and be customer-oriented to support network operations for student connections, administrative personnel, and faculty. You will function in both a team and independent work environments.
25% Operational Leadership
- Ensure the enterprise network environment/infrastructure for Metropolitan State University of Denver is highly available, reliable, innovative, and robust.
- Collaborates with the Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC) and counterparts from neighboring institutions to manage the campus networking and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Manages vendor relationships associated with infrastructure-related contracts and service engagements.
- Collaborates with the Director of Network and Infrastructure Services and others within ITS as appropriate to provide configuration specifications for all networking services.
- In coordination with ITS Leadership, develops and maintains an enterprise disaster recovery plan for enterprise networking services.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery network architectural plans.
25% Staff Management and Development
- May be required to lead a team of full and part-time employees, providing supervision and leadership.
- Encourage a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring alignment with University needs and industry best practices.
- Craft team strategic objectives and lead initiatives to support achievement.
- Encourage ongoing skill development and staff enrichment.
25% Strategic Leadership
- Serve on the ITS leadership team, representing the organization both internally and externally on a regular basis.
- Participate in strategic planning exercises, guiding initiatives and investment on a 3-5 year time horizon.
- Operate one or more budgets, representing a range of capital and operational expenses.
- Participate in technology governance and oversight activities.
- Interface with senior university leadership.
20% Technology Leadership
- Directs the development and maintenance of performance and reliability systems, metrics, and documentation.
- Direct strategic and capacity planning for upgrades and expansions to enterprise network infrastructure.
- Provides expert-level strategic guidance for operational resources on network and data center design.
- Researches forward-thinking and innovative solutions in a support of current and future campus needs.
5% Other Tasks as Assigned
- Occasional after-hours work and infrequent travel will be required for this position.
- Previous experience designing, troubleshooting LAN/WAN infrastructures in a multi-protocol environment. Experience should include leading complex network design and implementation efforts to support network hardware refresh, and modernization to incorporate new technologies.
- Previous experience with BGP, OSPF, MPLS, QoS, and Wireless.
- Previous experience with IP subnetting.
- Previous experience with layer 3 network routing, including: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP.
- Analyze requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, planning, and network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- 2 years direct experience with Software Design Network.
- 5 years Network monitoring and traffic management.
- Experience with penetration testing and intrusion detection concepts
- Experience with DNS and DHCP and Cisco Operating Systems such as IOS and NX-OS
- Experience with upgrade network hardware and software components.
- Experience working in a structured change management environment
- ITIL Foundation Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
- 2 years cloud network and security technologies experience.
- 3 years VoIP experience.
- 5 years of layer 4 IP protocol suites (TCP, UDP, ICMP, GRE).
- 5 years direct experience in management and administration of the F5 Load Balancing, iRule SSL termination.
- 3 years experience managing or supervising a team is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years experience designing, troubleshooting LAN/WAN infrastructures in a multi-protocol environment. Experience should include leading complex network design and implementation efforts to support network hardware refresh, and modernization to incorporate new technologies.
- 5 years experience with BGP, OSPF, MPLS, QoS, and Wireless.
- 5 years experience with IP subnetting.
- 5 years experience with layer 3 network routing, including: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP.
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT)
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the following link:
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique, access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in downtown Denver.
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and professional success.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.