Mum, 25, was left with horrific facial burns after microwave egg poaching TikTok hack backfired | #emailsecurity | #phishing | #ransomware


A ‘traumatised’ mum has vowed never to eat an egg again after a microwave poaching hack backfired and exploded in her face – leaving her with horrific facial burns.

Chantelle Conway, from Farnworth, Bolton, claims to have been cooking poached eggs in the microwave for two years before it went wrong last week, Friday 2 July, leaving her screaming in agony and convinced she’d ‘burnt her face off’.

The 25-year-old had boiled the kettle and filled a cup before cracking a raw egg into the water and putting it in the microwave for ten seconds.

When she put a cold spoon into the boiling water to remove the poached egg the reaction sent the piping hot water shooting straight into her face as she stood over the cup.

Chantelle Conway, 25, from Farnworth, Bolton, has vowed never to eat an egg again after a microwave poaching hack backfired and exploded in her face – leaving her with horrific facial burns

The 25-year-old had boiled the kettle and filled a cup before cracking a raw egg into the water and putting it in the microwave for ten seconds when disaster struck. Pictured, Chantelle’s burns

When the stay-at-home mum put a cold spoon into the boiling water to remove the poached egg the reaction sent the piping hot water shooting straight into her face as she stood over the cup. Pictured, Chantelle’s burns

The stay-at-home mum-of-two has now shared photos of her excruciating facial burns to warn others against the dangerous ‘hack’, which has recently been trending on TikTok.

‘I’ve always done poached eggs that way because it was just a quicker and easier way of doing them,’ said Chantelle.

‘When I took it out of the microwave I put a metal spoon in to turn the egg and check if it was cooked but as soon as the spoon touched the water it shot out. It wasn’t the egg that blew up, that landed on my kitchen side.

‘The water went everywhere – all over my face and neck and I’m sure it even hit the ceiling because there’s a mark above where I was standing.

Chantelle Conway claims to have been cooking poached eggs in the microwave for two years before it went wrong last week. Pictured, with daughters Lilly-Rose Ball, five and Heidi-River Ball, 18 months

The stay-at-home mum-of-two has now shared photos of her excruciating facial burns (pictured) to warn others against the dangerous ‘hack’, which has recently been trending on TikTok

Chantelle explains how as soon as she put the spoon in the boiling water, the water went everywhere – all over her face and neck and even the ceiling. Pictured, Chantelle’s facial burns

‘It was the worst pain I’ve ever experienced in my life and I’ve had two natural childbirths – it felt like someone had a blowtorch on my face constantly and I was convinced my whole face had burnt off.

‘I was looking right over the cup so I’m really lucky that I managed to shut my eyes in time and wasn’t blinded but my eyelids were badly burnt.

‘I think I probably would’ve died from the pain if I hadn’t acted so fast pouring cold water on myself because it was that bad, I couldn’t handle it.’

Chantelle was on FaceTime with her cousin Stephanie Leigh at the time of the horrific accident, who listened in horror to Chantelle’s screams as the water scalded her face.

Chantelle says she’s always done poached eggs that way because it’s ‘quicker and easier.’ Pictured before the accident, with 18-month old daughter Heidi-River Ball and five-year-old Lilly-Rose Ball

The stay-at-home mum says it was the ‘worst pain’ she’s ‘ever experienced’ in her life. Pictured, with her facial burns

Chantelle (pictured, with facial burns) says the horrific incident felt like someone had a ‘blowtorch on my face constantly’

Stephanie, 28, said: ‘We FaceTime every day and she puts the phone on the tea and sugar pots while she makes a brew.

‘All of a sudden I saw lots of stuff flying up in the air and she was screaming and couldn’t even talk to tell me what had happened so I thought the kettle had blown up in her face.

‘I was in Manchester at the time, too far away to nip round, so I just felt helpless and was crying my eyes out panicking trying to call someone nearby to go help her.’

Chantelle was home alone with her 18-month-old baby Heidi-River Ball when she suffered the horrific burns, leaving her waiting almost an hour to get help.

The doting mum’s other daughter, five-year-old Lilly-Rose Ball, was at school at the time and the girls’ dad, Mark Ball, 34, had to come and take Chantelle to Royal Bolton Hospital.

The 25-year-old was on FaceTime with her cousin Stephanie Leigh (pictured, together) at the time of the horrific accident, who listened in horror to Chantelle’s screams as the water scalded her face

Chantelle was home alone with her 18-month-old baby Heidi-River Ball when she suffered the horrific burns, leaving her waiting almost an hour to get help (pictured, together)

Chantelle says that following the incident, she was ‘convinced’ her whole face had burnt off (pictured, with facial burns)

Hospital staff told her she was lucky to not have suffered worse injuries and her fast action of dousing herself in cold water spared her from third degree burns.

Chantelle said: ‘I was grabbing handfuls of cold water and chucking it all over myself for about an hour while I waited for my babies’ dad to come and pick me up and take me to the hospital – I couldn’t move away from the water.

‘Mark had to help me get ready because I’d put a towel soaked in cold water on my face and couldn’t take it off for even a second because of the pain.

‘My baby was in the other room playing when it happened but thankfully my older daughter was at school and didn’t see it because that would have traumatised her, I was screaming.

‘My little girl hates it, she told me the other day she doesn’t like my face like this and it breaks my heart.

Over the next week the burns on Chantelle’s face blistered and burst, but have slowly started to heal (pictured)

The burnt skin has begun to flake off leaving her with a ‘patchy’ complexion that Chantelle is praying won’t scar (pictured)

‘I worry about what the baby thinks as well, like if she’s scared of me or doesn’t recognise me.

‘When we got to the hospital the nurse saw how much pain I was in and put me on morphine straight away and then they put a jelly facemask on me for two hours.

‘The hospital staff said I was very lucky that I reacted so quickly otherwise I would’ve had third degree burns.’

Over the next week the burns on Chantelle’s face blistered and burst, but have slowly started to heal.

The burnt skin has begun to flake off leaving her with a ‘patchy’ complexion that she’s praying won’t scar.

Chantelle said: ‘The next day I started getting blisters on my chin and by Sunday morning I couldn’t cope with the pain and went back to hospital for some advice.

The ‘traumatised’ mum has now shared photos of her burn recovery and TikTok videos about her awful experience to raise awareness and warn others off this trending ‘hack’. Pictured, with her daughter Lilly-Rose Ball, five and Lilly’s dad, Mark

The 25-year-old (pictured, with daughter Lilly-Rose Ball, five and Heidi-River Ball, 18 months) vows to never eat an egg again and certainly not to poach them in the microwave after learning this lesson the hard way

‘On Monday the blisters on my chin burst and I woke up with my hand stuck to my face which pulled some skin off when I moved – I was panicking because then I had a raw patch of skin.

‘I’m coming to the end of it now and my burnt skin is shedding off like a snake. I’m not in much pain now but it’s very itchy and the inside of my nose and lips are still very raw.’

The ‘traumatised’ mum has now shared photos of her burn recovery and TikTok videos about her awful experience to raise awareness and warn others off this trending ‘hack’.

She vows to never eat an egg again and certainly not to poach them in the microwave after learning this lesson the hard way.

‘I get flashbacks and it’s put me off cooking,’ explained Chantelle. ‘I’ll never have an egg again because I’m so traumatised – I used to love eggs.

‘I do take full responsibility for what happened, it was silly of me to do it and I just want more people to know what can happen so it doesn’t happen to anyone else.

‘I’ve seen loads of videos of people doing it on TikTok and I just want to show people what can happen to hopefully stop them doing it.’ 



Original Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

nine + 1 =