Motorola has confirmed the Moto G42 launch date. The phone is set to be announced on July 4th in India.
The Lenovo-owned brand has put up a teaser page on Flipkart, to promote the device. It reveals key specs of the smartphone.
The Moto G42 sports a 6.4-inches Full HD+ AMOLED display with DCI-P3 Color Gamut, and a hole-punch cutout. The selfie lens on the screen is a 16MP snapper.
The phone runs on Android 12 out of the box, and Motorola says it will be updated to Android 13. The company will provide 3 years of security updates of the handset. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 4G octa-core processor, with an Adreno 610 graphics processor. The Moto G42 has 64GB and supports up to 1TB expandable storage via a microSD card slot.
The primary camera on the device is a 50 megapixels sensor, which is accompanied by an 8MP ultra-wide angle lens that supports Depth photography, and a Macro sensor. Motorola has packed a 5000 mAh battery in the Moto G42, which supports 20W TurboPower Fast Charging via a USB Type-C port.
The mobile has Stereo Speakers, and supports Dolby Atmos. Moto’s phone has a IP 52 Water repellant design with PMMA Acrylic Glass. The phone weighs about 174.5gm. It will be available in 2 colour options: Atlantic Green and Metallic Rose.
Moto G42 specs
- Display: 6.4-inches Full HD+ AMOLED, DCI-P3 Color Gamut
- Operating System: Android 12 (assured upgrade to Android 13, 3 years of security updates)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 4G
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Storage: 64GB + up to 1TB via microSD card
- Main Cameras: 50MP primary + 8MP ultra-wide angle/Depth + Macro sensor
- Selfie Camera: 16MP
- Battery: 5000 mAh, 20W TurboPower Fast Charging, USB Type-C port
- Audio: Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Misc: IP 52 Water repellant design, PMMA Acrylic Glass
- Weight: 174.5gm
- Colours: Atlantic Green and Metallic Rose
Moto G42 launch date
The Moto G42 launch date in India has been scheduled for 4th July.