LONDON, May 19, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The cybersecurity market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 9% during the forecast period. In 2021, enterprises invested more in cybersecurity and cloud architecture due to employees working remotely during the pandemic. This also sparked an M&A boom in the tech sector. Most cybersecurity M&A deals in 2021 were related to managed security services, network security, endpoint security, identity management, and cloud security. Microsoft, which bought cloud infrastructure company CloudKnox, threat intelligence and attack service management firm RiskIQ, and Internet of Things (IoT) security company ReFirm Labs, was one of the leading acquirers in 2021. Google added to its security capabilities by buying Mandiant (formerly FireEye), not long after purchasing threat detection firm Siemplify.
The Cybersecurity – Thematic Research Report offered by GlobalData Plc provides an overview of the global cybersecurity market and identifies the key trends impacting the growth of the theme in the upcoming months. It also includes a comprehensive industry analysis and identifies the leading players in the cybersecurity market, across all segments of the value chain.
For more Cybersecurity Market Analysis and Forecast, download a free report sample
Key Cybersecurity Value Chains
For detailed insights on cybersecurity value chains, download a free report sample
Key Technology Trends Impacting the Cybersecurity Theme
- Cloud Security
- Chip-Based Security
- Supply Chain Threats
- Critical National Infrastructure Threats
- IoT Threats
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Threats
- Insider Threats
- The Growing Use of Managed Security Services
- New Vulnerabilities
- Zero Trust Adoption
- Password-Less Security
- Extended Detection and Response (XDR)
Key Macroeconomic Trends Impacting the Cybersecurity Theme
- The Ukraine Conflict
- Cyber Budgets
- State-Sponsored Attacks
- The Cyber Skills Shortage
- Cybersecurity & Elections
- Overworked Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs)
- Increase in Financial Sector Cyberattacks
Key Regulatory Trends Impacting the Cybersecurity Theme
- US Banks’ Breach Reporting
- Cooperation on Supply Chain Security
- Mandatory Disclosure of Cyberattacks
- EU Cybersecurity Legislation
- Consumer Software Security Standards
For more insights on market trends impacting the cybersecurity theme, download a free report sample
Leading Companies Associated with the Cybersecurity Theme
- Check Point Software
- Dell Technologies
To know more about the leading cybersecurity companies, download a free report sample
Cybersecurity Market Overview
|Market Size (2020)||$125.5 billion|
|Key Value Chains||Hardware, Software, and Services|
|Key Technology Trends||Ransomware, Cloud Security, Chip-Based Security, Supply Chain Threats, Critical National Infrastructure Threats, IoT Threats, Artificial Intelligence (AI) Threats, Insider Threats, The Growing Use of Managed Security Services, New Vulnerabilities, Zero Trust Adoption, Password-Less Security, and Extended Detection and Response (XDR)|
|Key Macroeconomic Trends||The Ukraine Conflict, COVID-19, Cyber Budgets, State-Sponsored Attacks, The Cyber Skills Shortage, Cybersecurity & Elections, Overworked Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs), and Increase in Financial Sector Cyberattacks|
|Key Regulatory Trends||US Banks’ Breach Reporting, Cooperation on Supply Chain Security, Mandatory Disclosure of Cyberattacks, EU Cybersecurity Legislation, and Consumer Software Security Standards|
|Leading Companies||Accenture, Alphabet, Check Point Software, Cisco, Cloudflare, CrowdStrike, Darktrace, Dell Technologies, Fortinet, Cybereason, Code42, ForgeRock, Illumio, and Lookout|
Cybersecurity Market Report Scope
- This report provides an overview of the cybersecurity theme.
- It identifies the key trends impacting the growth of the theme over the next 12 to 24 months, split into three categories: technology trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
- It includes comprehensive industry analysis, including market size forecasts for cybersecurity and analysis of patents, company filings, hiring, and social media trends.
- It contains details of M&A deals driven by the cybersecurity theme, and a timeline highlighting milestones in the development of cybersecurity.
Reasons to Buy
- In a little over a decade, according to the World Economic Forum (WEF) Global Risks Report, cybercrime has moved from being a specialist crime to one of the most significant strategic risks facing the world today. This report provides an invaluable guide to this extremely disruptive theme. It includes comprehensive lists of the leading players across all aspects of the cybersecurity value chain, helping companies identify the right partners.
- The report also includes a guide to the major threat actors and looks at the main types of cyberattacks, from un-targeted attacks like phishing to targeted attacks like distributed denial of service (DDoS).
What was the global cybersecurity market size in 2020?
The global cybersecurity market size was valued at $125.5 billion in 2020.
What is the global cybersecurity market growth rate?
The global cybersecurity market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 9% during the forecast period.
What are the value chains in the cybersecurity market?
The value chains in the cybersecurity market are hardware, software, and services
What are the key technology trends impacting the cybersecurity theme?
Some of the key technology trends impacting the cybersecurity theme are ransomware, cloud security, chip-based security, supply chain threats, critical national infrastructure threats, IoT threats, artificial intelligence (AI) threats, insider threats, the growing use of managed security services, new vulnerabilities, zero trust adoption, password-less security, and extended detection and response (XDR).
What are the key macroeconomic trends impacting the cybersecurity theme?
The key macroeconomic trends impacting the cybersecurity theme are the Ukraine conflict, COVID-19, cyber budgets, state-sponsored attacks, the cyber skills shortage, cybersecurity & elections, overworked chief information security officers (CISOs), and an increase in financial sector cyberattacks.
What are the key regulatory trends impacting the cybersecurity theme?
The key regulatory trends impacting the cybersecurity theme are US banks’ breach reporting, cooperation on supply chain security, mandatory disclosure of cyberattacks, EU cybersecurity legislation, and consumer software security standards.
Which are the leading companies associated with the cybersecurity theme?
The leading companies associated with the cybersecurity theme are Accenture, Alphabet, Check Point Software, Cisco, Cloudflare, CrowdStrike, Darktrace, Dell Technologies, Fortinet, Cybereason, Code42, ForgeRock, Illumio, and Lookout.
- Cybersecurity in Payments – Thematic Research – Click here
- Never Trust, Always Verify – Is Zero Trust the Next Big Thing in Cybersecurity? – Click here
- Cybersecurity in Foodservice – Thematic Research – Click here
- Future Cybersecurity Unicorns – Click here
- Cybersecurity in Insurance – Thematic Research – Click here
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics, and insights on the world’s largest industries. In an increasingly fast-moving, complex, and uncertain world, it has never been harder for organizations and decision makers to predict and navigate the future. This is why GlobalData’s mission is to help our clients to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on GlobalData for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our solutions are designed to provide a daily edge to professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies.
Head of PR EMEA
+44 (0)207 936 6400