Microsoft and AMD to patch Ryzen bug on Windows 11 PCs next week | #macos | #macsecurity

R

• Russel
  • PB7

sixtymes, 10 hours agothis isn’t the first time this has occurred. amd driver team really needs help. this and … moreThat’s just ignorance speaking.

The driver problems you speak are of the gpu.

This right here is an entirely different thing. Windows 11 is slower than Windows 10 in the same machines. And this is something from Microsoft. AMD has nothing to do with it. But gpu driver problems are amd’s contribution.

Intel has contributed over 240 security issues and the contribution seems ever increasing.

Stability, security and performance are never a guarantee with any chip. But an ‘intel inside’ warning guarantees disaster. This became more and more apparent since Kabylake. And that’s one of the reasons why apple ditched intel.

T

Anonymous, 10 hours agoWindows is for serious and smart people. Mac is for kids and old people. Mac can’t do man… moreAh good ol fanboy wars. Only in 2021 I agree. Used to be Linux head, but with wsl2 I can have my cake and eat it

K6915

AnonF-1016461, 14 hours agoinstall windows 10Same problem there 😀

PS: I use dual boot, as per convenience

?

• Anonymous
  • 6wN

Anonymous, 19 hours agoMac OS still leads in all aspects aside from gaming. Windows remain a handicapped operating sy… moreWindows is for serious and smart people. Mac is for kids and old people. Mac can’t do many many things.

s27071

this isn’t the first time this has occurred. amd driver team really needs help. this and other issues has occurred a few times over the past two decades. buggy drivers, etc. at this point, I would rather stick with stable Intel chipsets, or arm based.

R

Anonymous, 19 hours agoMac OS still leads in all aspects aside from gaming. Windows remain a handicapped operating sy… moreYou got one part wrong.

MacOS is what is made for kids who need to be spoonfed.

Windows does have problems, but it has to support so many CPUs and GPUs that Microsoft decided not to officially support CPUs from before 2018.

I don’t know if it would get better from now on, but Mac is definitely not for everyone. Same goes for Linux and Windows.

There’s no OS that can make everyone happy..

F

• AnonF-1016461
  • a3v

Kedar284, 15 hours agoMe too!!
install windows 10

O1242198

YUKI93, 19 hours agoI asked a friend of mine who owns a custom PC rig with Ryzen 5 3600 CPU about this issue and h… moreTell him to play old games. Do some heavy video/photo editing while using the computer. And the amd magic will start. Random gfx lags will start to appear.

F

• FunnyMan
  • J2s

Anonymous, 19 hours agoMac OS still leads in all aspects aside from gaming. Windows remain a handicapped operating sy… moreMacOS’s only advantage is its aesthetic (which is subjective).

Anything that’s good on a Mac will be better on Windows or Linux.

Apple’s only actually good thing is the chips they make.

?

• Anonymous
  • M}3

JustSomeRandomGuy, 15 hours agohere comes the Linux fanboysHe was sarcastic. Though Linux (I went with Manjaro and it’s pretty damn good) has finally come to a point where it’s usable for use where nothing particularly advanced is involved. Like browsing, downloading, listening to music, watching movies, doing office stuff and partially even gaming if game is on Steam. All just worked without any need to ever touch Terminal/Konsole, because I hate that so much. I was waiting for this to happen for some 20 years.

J

• JustSomeRandomGuy
  • EwD

AnonF-1016461, 21 hours agoImagine using windows in 2021
I’m happily using Linux and enjoy 30 minutes coding to con… more
here comes the Linux fanboys

K6915

AnonF-1016461, 21 hours agoImagine using windows in 2021
I’m happily using Linux and enjoy 30 minutes coding to con… more
Me too!!

But lately I am having issues with my Wi-Fi, gets disconnected after 10-15 minutes of use and when I go into Wi-Fi options it show no available networks inspite my hotspot being on.

Only way to clear this problem is restarting the laptop, any idea what could it be or should I buy some external Wi-Fi dongle for it.

?

• Anonymous
  • g3L

AnonF-1016461, 21 hours agoImagine using windows in 2021
I’m happily using Linux and enjoy 30 minutes coding to con… more
lmao :d

M

Anonymous, 19 hours agoMac OS still leads in all aspects aside from gaming. Windows remain a handicapped operating sy… moreMac good only on their expensive hardware. Windows may run on virtually any hardware and good choice for anyone in tight budget. Saying “Mac is better in everything except gaming” similar to “your failure is only one, you can do nothing.”

?

• Anonymous
  • M}3

YUKI93, 19 hours agoI asked a friend of mine who owns a custom PC rig with Ryzen 5 3600 CPU about this issue and h… moreIt affects CPU’s with multiple CCX units more. In Ryzen 3600 and 3600X case, it’s using singe CCX with 2 out of 8 cores disabled. Similar with Ryzen 5800X. It has a single fully working CCX with 8 cores.

It’s different with Ryzen 5900X and 5950X, first one has 2x CCX units with 6 out of 8 operational cores on each CCX and later has 2x CCX units with 8 fully operational cores on each CCX. The issue here is apparently communication between CCX units withi single processor.

Which is a bit odd to be a problem in latest and greatest OS given that Windows 10 initially had this problem because it had no concept of CCX units and then they addressed that in Windows 10 and forgot about it in Windows 11 somehow…

?

• Anonymous
  • xZI

Mac OS still leads in all aspects aside from gaming. Windows remain a handicapped operating system, an OS made for kids. What happened with Windows 8???

58701966

Olym1mk2, 20 hours agoOne does simply not buy amd. Here’s yet another reason to stay away from the unstable Can… moreI asked a friend of mine who owns a custom PC rig with Ryzen 5 3600 CPU about this issue and he said that he doesn’t see any kind of performance loss to date. Makes me wonder if this problem only happens with the current Ryzen 5000 series CPUs.

?

• Anonymous
  • M}3

YUKI93, 19 hours agoFormer Linux user here. I don’t really miss Linux much since I started using Windows 10 i… moreI went the other direction. After hearing my Ryzen 2500U laptop won’t be getting Windows 11 I switched to Manjaro on it and I don’t think I’ll look back.

58701966

AnonF-1016461, 21 hours agoImagine using windows in 2021
I’m happily using Linux and enjoy 30 minutes coding to con… more
Former Linux user here. I don’t really miss Linux much since I started using Windows 10 in 2016. And with the existence of the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) feature, I miss Linux as my primary desktop OS even less.

58701966

OfficialTRider, 19 hours agoMy main OS is Windows though cuz it is easy to use for normal users while simultaneously being… moreI can definitely agree with you. Since I left Linux for Windows 10, I never even once think of going back to Linux as my primary desktop OS. Now I only use Linux via virtualization on my Windows laptop. I did have a try on WSL and while I do quite like it, I’ll stay with VMware for the time being.

Original Source link