Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding: Human Layer Security company Tessian has raised $65 million in Series C venture capital funding.
2. Funding: Salesforce led a new funding round in the fast-growing Israeli cyber security startup Wiz, Bloomberg reports. Neither Wiz nor Salesforce commented on the report. Wiz is an Israeli cloud security startup launched by Microsoft veterans in March 2020. Wiz previously raised $130 million in Series B funding in March 2021. At the time, Wiz’s valuation was $1.7 billion.
3. Venture Capital: Blu Venture Investors of Vienna, Virginia has launched a $25 million venture capital fund to support cybersecurity startups in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
4. Distribution – Europe: Brainworks Computer Technologie GmbH has agreed to distribute Untangle SMB security solutions to German-speaking countries.
5. Distribution – Russia: ITD Group has agreed to distribute XM Cyber in Russia.
6. Managed Network Security: Eacs, an MSP, has partnered with cloud-delivered network security provider iboss, the two companies say.
7. New Zealand Ransomware Attack: Systems are still down a week after a ransomware attack disrupted the IT network of five hospitals in the New Zealand district of Waikato, and concerns remain that private patient information may have been exposed, Bloomberg reports.
8. Research – Avaddon Ransomware: Sophos has issued a research report describing what to expect when you’ve been hit with Avaddon Ransomware.
9. Identity and Access Management (IAM): The One Identity Active Roles and Password Manager products are now available for SaaS-based. Also, One Identity unveiled Starling CertAccess, a SaaS-based solution that helps organizations leverage Active Directory (AD) and Azure Active Directory (AAD) in the enterprise.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Siemplify SOCstock 2021 (June 15, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar