Today’s MSSP & cybersecurity news involves Blackstone Tactical Opportunities, FireEye, McAfee, Respond Software XDR Engine, Tenable, Unbound Tech & more.
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. New – Top 250 Public Cloud MSPs List and Research: See it here.
2. M&A and Private Equity Funding: FireEye, backed by a new private equity investment from Blackstone, has acquired XDR company Respond Software for $186 million.
3. Funding – Cryptographic Key Management: Unbound Tech has raised $20 million in Series B funding led by Evolution Equity Partners, joining existing investors Innovation Endeavors, Goldman Sachs, Citi and BlueRed Partners.
4. Partner Program – Cyber Exposure Mitigation: Tenable has updated the Tenable Assure partner program with a new certification component, expanded service choices and a revamped partner portal.
5. McAfee Quarterly Results: McAfee’s revenue was $728 million in Q3 2020, up 10 percent from Q3 2019. Net income was breakeven. It has been a busy few weeks for McAfee. The company recently launched the MVISION Marketplace for security partners; aligned with Amazon to secure SMBs; unveiled XDR milestones; and launched an IPO.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2021 (October 4-8)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar
Get your CompTIA A+, Network+ White Hat-Hacker, Certified Web Intelligence Analyst and more starting at $35 a month. Click here for more details.