Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. XDR Management for MSSPs: Stellar Cyber has launched Stellar Cyber Central, which offers centralized management and visibility for the company’s Open XDR platform. For MSSPs with co-managed local deployments, Stellar Cyber’s Open XDR now makes it easier to see activity at each customer location as well as at their own location, the company says.
2. Endpoint Security for MSPs: WatchGuard Technologies has integrated the WatchGuard Endpoint Security product family into WatchGuard Cloud. As a result, MSPs and customers can now deploy and manage endpoint security, network security and MFA services via WatchGuard Cloud. The development comes roughly one year after WatchGuard acquired Panda’s endpoint security technology.
3. MDR for Microsoft Applications: Expel has launched managed detection and response (MDR) security services specifically designed for Microsoft customers. The aptly named Expel for Microsoft automates security operations across the Microsoft tech stack, including Active Directory, AD Identity Protection, Azure, MCAS, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Office 365 and Sentinel, the MDR service provider says.
4. Funding: Redacted, a cybersecurity startup, has raised $35 million in Series B funding led by Ten Eleven Ventures, with participation from Valor Equity Partners and SVB Capital.
5. Cyber Raids: The U.S. Justice Department has seized two Internet domains that had been used in spear-phishing attacks that mimicked email communications from the U.S. Agency for International Development, Reuters reports.
6. Government Cybersecurity: IBM is creating the IBM Center for Government Cybersecurity, a collaborative environment focused on helping federal agencies address current and future cybersecurity threats. The IBM Center for Government Cybersecurity will be housed at IBM’s offices in downtown Washington DC.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Partnership – Cyber Insurance and EDR: Coalition and SentinelOne have partnered to offer a combined solution for threat monitoring and cyber insurance. The partnership is designed to protect organizations from ransomware, the two companies say.
2. Distribution – PAM: BOLL has agreed to distribute Fudo Security‘s zero trust and privileged access management (PAM) technology to customers in Switzerland and the entire DACH region.
3. Apple Device Security: Mosyle announced new integrations with Okta and Ping Identity for Mosyle Fuse and Mosyle Business customers. Enterprise customers gain single sign-on, identity and access management (IAM) capabilities for Apple macOS devices.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Siemplify SOCstock 2021 (June 15, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar