Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Talent – Mandiant: The cybersecurity company has promoted Melanie Lombardi to VP of communications. Also, Stacy O’Mara has been promoted to senior director, government affairs. The promotions arrive as Google Cloud strives to finalize the Mandiant acquisition.
2. Partnership – Data Security: Veza is working with Google Cloud to promote data security to end-customers.
3. Partnership – Identity as a Service: Darksteel Technologies an MSSP, has selected BIO-key’s PortalGuard Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) platform, to provide its customers with identity authentication security for access to their desktops, critical business applications, and data.
4. Cloud Distribution: Pax8 has agreed to distribute Nord Security, offering NordLayer and NordPass to MSPs and channel partners.
5. Application Security Posture Management: Enso has launched the next iteration of the AppSec Map, its interactive map of the AppSec ecosystem. The Map now enables users to create custom maps and generate security posture ratings, Enso indicated.
6. Google Android Security and Privacy:Safe-T Group has released a consumer privacy solution for Android mobile devices including smartphones and tablets.
7. Government Cybersecurity: SecurityScorecard and The National Association of Counties (NACo) have partnered to extend SecurityScorecard’s cybersecurity ratings platform to U.S. government counties.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar