Today’s MSSP market news involves Action1, Apple iPhone security, Atera, Malwarebytes, Mauri ransomware, Revelstoke, SHI cyberattack & more.
Credit: Getty Images
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSP Cyberattack: SHI suffered a cyberattack over the July 4th holiday weekend, but the incident was “swiftly identified and measures were enacted to minimize the impact on SHI’s systems and operations,” the company said in a blog post.
2. MSP Software – Security Integration: A new Atera integration with Malwarebytes automates licensing and provisioning of the Malwarebytes OneView platform.
3. Mauri Ransomware Warning: North Korean state-sponsored hackers are leveraging Maui ransomware to target the healthcare and public health sector, the CISA, FBI and Treasury Department warned.
4. MSP Software – Vulnerability Management: A new Action1 RMM software release “empowers MSPs and IT departments to mitigate and remediate security vulnerabilities on their managed endpoints faster and more efficiently — as required to secure and support today’s work-from-anywhere workforce,” the company said.
5. Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR): Revelstoke has expanded its case management capabilities to reduce redundant administrative tasks for security analysts.
6. Apple Device Security: Apple introduced a Lockdown Mode to further protect iPhone, iPad and Macintosh devices from spyware. Here are Apple Lockdown Mode details for MSPs & MSSPs.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- CyberArk Impact 2022 (July 12-14, Boston, Massachusetts)
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar