81934 – H – Sr Computer Ops Technician 1
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and
discovery – the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best
employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can
thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do
Anticipated Hiring Range: $12.50 – $13.00
Campus: MCV and Monroe Park
Hours/Week: Up to 29
Normal work days: Varies (See Comments)
work hours: Varies (See Comments)
Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health
Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment?
portion of this position grant-funded?
Description of the Job
Provide frontline support and assist
Media Support Services with maintenance of classroom AV and PC instructional technology as directed, and confirm subsequent system
functionality; provide technical advice; and provide end user training. Offices located on VCU’s Academic and Medical
- Engage regularly with end users to provide training and support.
Coordinate efforts between departments.
- Must have the ability to work on various projects at any one time, solve problems as they
come up and complete an assigned task on time.
- Must be a self-motivated worker capable of working independently to complete tasks
efficiently – without supervision.
- Occasionally will be required to pick up equipment that can weigh up to 25 lbs.
Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must have a working knowledge of common software applications for word processing and
- Must have good interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work with people.
- Must have demonstrated
ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Preferred experience installing and troubleshooting Professional AV systems.
- Must have the
ability to identify and troubleshoot functionality and signal path issues in multimedia AV systems.
VCU is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for employees, students, visitors, and patients. As a part of this effort, a criminal records check is a condition of employment at VCU for all new employees. Criminal records checks also are conducted on current employees hired into “sensitive” or “resource critical” positions. Note: only job-related convictions may impact your progress through the employment process. It is important for you to know also that falsification of any information is grounds for termination of employment.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.