Department: Information Technology Support Services
Big Sandy Community & Technical College is seeking applications for a full time, 12 month, staff position of IT Assistant. This position will provide administrative support to the IT department, as well as monitor help desk tickets and provide timely responses to faculty, staff, and students. This position is a defined term, contract position.
- Provides purchasing support and maintains documentation related to purchasing, leases, and Service Providers.
- Provides administrative support to Director of IT including but not limited to: maintaining IT budgets, paying monthly invoices, tracking expenses, etc.
- Assists in purchasing of Information Technology hardware and software.
- Maintains computer and copier lease documentation, POTS lines documentation, and ISP / Service Provider documentation.
- Monitors IT Helpdesk tickets and provides basic IT support to faculty, staff, and students.
- Places service calls and orders supplies for printer and copier fleet.
- Assists IT Director, IT Project Manager, IT Project Coordinator with IT Projects including but not limited to deploying computers, printers, copiers.
- Provides training to faculty and staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree and at least one year related experience is required.
- Two years of related experience is preferrred.
- Ability to perform occasional and/or light lifting required.
- Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., but not to the point of being disagreeable.
- Occasional routine deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to adjust to work load variances that change with predictable, seasonal volume.
- Experience in budget preparation, monitoring, and administrative processes.
- Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated.
Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, demonstrating an understanding the importance of working with people from diverse populations.
Applicants must complete the online application and upload a current resume and cover letter. College transcripts are required before hiring. Copies are acceptable for initial review.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Big Sandy Community and Technical College (BSCTC) is committed to quality educational opportunities for student success, promotes economic growth and enhances the quality of life of its constituents. With campuses in Prestonsburg, Pikeville, Paintsville and Hager Hill, BSCTC offers 30 academic and technical programs and more than 200 credentials with an emphasis on innovation in learning and student access, transfer and success. BSCTC is one of 16 colleges in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution.
BSCTC offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation and creativity. Positions with BSCTC are term-contract positions, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance.
KCTCS is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We actively encourage applications and/or nominations of persons of color, women, veterans, persons with disabilities and other individuals.
Hours Per Week
Degree Type: Associate
Minimum Years Experience
Desired Years Experience: Two (2)
Salary Type: Non-Exempt
Salary Lower: $2,544.00 per month
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.