This tutorial is about the How to speed up Microsoft Edge download speed is slow. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to speed up Microsoft Edge download speed is slow. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check How to speed up Microsoft Edge download speed is slow
While Microsoft Edge is perhaps the fastest program out there to date (allegedly faster than Chrome), it can sometimes lag behind to stack up for some explanation. Most programs have their minutes… The encouraging news? You can usually fix these types of problems yourself. And negative, you don’t need to bother being a specialized teacher to do this. There is an old joke among Windows customers: “Web Explorer is the best program to download a superior program.” As such, Internet Explorer, Microsoft’s former leading web program, has been around for a long time and not many people really like it.
That’s a comprehensive justification for why in 2015 Microsoft delivered Edge, its best program ever. Microsoft has made a great attempt with Edge to further flesh out the reading experience, and it has paid off. Microsoft Edge has a sufficient number of features and benefits that make it a genuine option compared to other popular programs like Chrome or Firefox. This is particularly obvious with the latest update to Edge, which redesigned the way the program runs and works.
How to speed up Microsoft Edge download speed is slow
Check your internet connection
This is generally good practice. Your browser may be slow simply because your Internet connection is poor.
- First verify that you are connected to Wi-Fi by clicking the wireless network icon and selecting the appropriate network name.
- If you have Wi-Fi, but the wireless connection is still slow or just not working, you’ll need to run the Windows troubleshooter to diagnose and fix Internet connection problems. Right click on the wireless icon again and select Troubleshoot.
- Read and respond to the prompts on the screen.
- At this point, it’s time to run Device Manager. Click the Start button (or press Windows Key + X).
- Type Device Manager in the search bar and then select it.
- Expand Network Adapters from the list by clicking the arrow to the left.
- Right-click on your wireless network controller. The name of your network controller will appear in the dropdown options. From there, select the Update driver option.
- Click the option that says Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Windows will now search your computer and the Internet for an updated driver. One will be installed if available. Relaunch Edge when it’s complete and see if your connection has improved.
- If this does not resolve the issue, reset your network settings completely.
Delete browser history and clean your cache and cookies
Let’s say the problem was not your Internet connection. Well, the next thing you need to do is clean your browser data. Over time, your browser stores a lot of information about you that can actually slow down your browser’s performance. Check out our tech tip above which will walk you through how to clear your browser data and protect your internet privacy. Ultimately, this can speed up your page load times and browser performance.
Adjust browser flags
If your browser is still slow, it’s time to switch to browser flags. The browser flags are where you can activate Edge features. And there are two key features you should use to speed up Microsoft Edge: TCP Fast Open and low power mode for background tabs.
Disable background apps
Is your browser still slow right now? If you’re still having problems and nothing has worked so far, the next quick and easy thing to do is to simply turn off apps that you don’t need to run all the time.
- Click the Start button and go to Settings.
- Click Privacy and select Background Apps.
- You will see all the apps running in the background. All you need to do is turn off all the apps you don’t want to turn on automatically. This should help speed up your browser.
Final words: How to speed up Microsoft Edge download speed is slow
I hope you understand this article How to speed up Microsoft Edge download speed is slow, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.