This tutorial is about the How to set up new iPhone. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to set up new iPhone. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check How to set up new iPhone
Whether you’re new to the Apple ecosystem or upgrading for the tenth time, setting up a new iPhone is an exciting experience, akin to waking up on Christmas morning. From the moment you see that first “Hello” to the last step, here’s everything you need to know about setting up your new iPhone 13 or any other iPhone model. As soon as you turn on your new iPhone for the first time, you will be greeted with “Hello” in different languages. It’s the same whether you’re starting from scratch, restoring from another iPhone, or switching Androids.
The iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, and iPhone 13 product lines no longer have a home button, and Touch ID has been replaced with Face ID for biometric security. The setup is similar to Touch ID, but it uses your face instead of your finger or thumb.
Starting iPhone activation
turn on iphone
- Start by turning on/waking your iPhone by pressing and holding the power button in the top right corner or on the right edge, depending on your model. Slide the slider to the right to start iPhone activation.
Select language and region
- Next, enter some information about the location where you will be using your iPhone. That involves selecting the language you want displayed on the screen and setting your country of origin.
- Tap the language you want to use. Then tap the country you want to use the phone in (this won’t prevent you from using it in other countries if you travel or move to them, but it does determine your home country) and tap Next to continue.
Choose a Wi-Fi network, activate the phone and enable location services
- Next, you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network. This isn’t necessary if your phone is connected to your computer while you’re setting it up, but if you have a Wi-Fi network where you’re waking up your iPhone, tap on it and then enter your password (if you have one). Your iPhone will remember the passcode from now on, and you’ll be able to connect to that network whenever you’re in range. Tap the Next button to continue.
- If you don’t have a Wi-Fi network nearby, scroll to the bottom of this screen, where you’ll see an option to use iTunes. Tap on that, and then connect your iPhone to your computer with the included sync cable. Only do this on the computer you’re going to sync your phone with in the future.
Once you’ve connected to Wi-Fi or iTunes, your iPhone will try to activate. This step includes a trio of tasks:
- The iPhone will display the phone number associated with it. If it’s your phone number, tap Next. Otherwise, contact Apple at 1-800-MY-iPHONE.
- Enter the billing ZIP code for your phone company account and the last four digits of your Social Security number and touch Next.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions that appear.
Location service activated
- Now, decide whether you want to turn on Location Services or not. Location services are the GPS features of iPhone, the features that let you get driving directions, find nearby movies and restaurants, and other things that depend on knowing your location.
- Some people may not want to turn this on, but we recommend it. Not having it activated will remove many useful features from your iPhone. However, if you have concerns about this, please make sure you understand your privacy settings related to Location Services.
- Tap your choice and you’ll move on to the next step.
Security features (passcode, Touch ID)
- On these screens, you configure the security features you want to enable on your iPhone. They are optional, but we strongly recommend that you use at least one, although we recommend using both.
- This option is available only for iPhone 8 series, iPhone 7 series, 6S series, 6 series, and 5S owners. Touch ID is the fingerprint scanner built into the home button of those devices that lets you unlock your phone, use Apple Pay, and shop iTunes and App Stores with just your fingerprint.
- It may seem like a hack, but it is surprisingly useful, safe, and efficient. If you want to use Touch ID, place your thumb on your iPhone’s home button and follow the on-screen instructions. You can also choose Set up Touch ID later.
Final words: How to set up new iPhone
I hope you understand this article How to set up new iPhone, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.