This tutorial is about the How to Set a Apple ID Account Recovery Contact in iOS. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Set a Apple ID Account Recovery Contact in iOS. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How to Set a Apple ID Account Recovery Contact in iOS
Have you ever lost your Apple ID password and your account got locked? If so, you know the pain and frustration of not being able to access iCloud data and service subscriptions. Many of us have faced this terrible situation at one time or another and we wanted an easy but safe way to access iCloud data.
Fortunately, Apple fixed this problem by introducing iCloud Data Recovery to reactivate your iCloud account on iPhone and iPad. How does iCloud data recovery service work? Well, you need to set up a recovery contact for your Apple ID account or create a recovery key on iOS 15 / iPadOS 15. This guide will explain each iCloud account recovery method so that you can choose which one you prefer.
Setting up a contact to restore an Apple ID account in iOS 15 is a fairly simple task, but you need to know where to look for the new feature. We will help you find your way.
- To get started, launch Settings and tap your name at the top of the screen.
- On the next page, select Password and security.
- Tap Account Recovery. If this is your first time visiting, a splash screen will explain the benefits of having an account recovery contact and how the feature works.
- All your devices must be running the latest versions of their respective Apple software; otherwise, you will be prompted to update your devices. In my case, I had to update my Apple TV to tvOS 15 before continuing.
- Once all your devices are running the latest software, you can tap on Add Recovery Contact.
- iOS 15 will provide a list of suggested contacts. You can touch any of those or enter a name from your contact list. Make sure you choose a person you trust. Once you are adding names, tap Add in the upper right corner.
- iOS 15 will provide a message that you can send to your potential recovery contact. You have the option to edit the message or you can simply tap Send.
- Your message will be sent and your recovery contact must accept the request. You can touch Done at this point.
Final words: How to Set a Apple ID Account Recovery Contact in iOS
I hope you understand this article How to Set a Apple ID Account Recovery Contact in iOS, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.