This tutorial is about the How to Secure Firefox Browser. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Secure Firefox Browser. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check How to Secure Firefox Browser
Mozilla Firefox is one of the first browsers that comes to mind when considering the best privacy-oriented browsers. Firefox, like most browsers today, continues to take substantial steps to address digital security and privacy. For example, the browser may reject third-party trackers by default and use the Firefox private network to hide your location (VPN). Also, the browser has various settings and presets that you can use to improve your online security. Some of these tools, for example, can help you disable first-party cookies, which are used to remember your login information. You can also disable third-party tracking cookies, which are used by merchants to obtain information about you.
How to protect the Firefox browser
Enable Do Not Track
The first and most basic thing you can do is enable Firefox’s built-in Do Not Track protection. Do Not Track is good, but it’s not foolproof. Many sites, including malicious ones, ignore it. Still, it’s nice to have it enabled by default.
- Open Firefox, then select the main menu icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Preferences.
- Go to the left panel and choose Privacy and security.
- In the Send websites a “Do Not Track” signal section, select Always.
Increase your tracking protection
The latest versions of Firefox include built-in tracking protection. The standard protection provided by Firefox is good, but you can go one step further.
- Go to the main menu and select Preferences.
- Go to the Privacy & Security tab, then scroll to the Enhanced Tracking Protection section. Firefox is set to standard protection by default.
- If you want more control, scroll down and select Custom. The Cookies, Content Tracking, Cryptominers, and Fingerprinters checkboxes are selected by default. Leave these selected.
- Select the Cookies dropdown arrow, then choose All Third Party Cookies.
- Select the Tracking Content dropdown arrow, then choose In All Windows.
In the past, malicious add-ons were used to attack Firefox. Now, there are great security plugins that make all the difference in keeping your browser safe.
- Open the main menu and select Plugins.
- From the Plugin Manager page, go to the Find more plugins box and enter HTTPS Everywhere.
- In the Search Results section, select HTTPS Everywhere.
- In the HTTPS Everywhere section, select Add to Firefox.
- When prompted to confirm the plugin installation, select Add.
- Firefox installs HTTPS everywhere. The plugin automatically redirects to the encrypted version of a website, if one is available.
There are other recommended plugins that you can install to protect yourself. The process is the same as shown above. Repeat the steps for each of the following plugins:
- Privacy Badger monitors the sites you browse for anyone that appears to be tracking you and blocks those sites.
- uBlock Origin uBlock Origin is a powerful ad blocker plugin.
- Cookie AutoDelete automatically deletes stored cookies from the navigation tab as soon as you close it.
- Decentraleyes prevents tracking through content delivery networks (CDNs).
Firefox’s container tabs compartmentalize your browsing to prevent cookies and trackers from following you between sites. This feature is developed by Mozilla, the creators of Firefox, and helps contain invasive sites.
change your search
Firefox offers you a choice of search engines. If you don’t like the default search engine, here’s how to change it.
- Open the main menu and select Preferences.
- Go to the left panel and select Search.
- Scroll down to Default Search Engine and select the dropdown menu to choose a new search engine. Of the default options, DuckDuckGo is the most secure and private.
Final words: How to Secure Firefox Browser
I hope you understand this article How to Secure Firefox Browser, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.