This tutorial is about the How to Fix Microsoft Edge high disk usage in Windows 11. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Fix Microsoft Edge high disk usage in Windows 11. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check How to Fix Microsoft Edge high disk usage in Windows 11
msedge.exe is an executable exe file that has a place with the Microsoft Edge process that appears with the Microsoft Edge software created by the Microsoft software developer. If the msedge.exe cycle in Windows 10 is significant, you should be careful while deleting it. Here and there msedge.exe interaction may be using CPU or GPU to the extreme. In the case of malware or viruses, it is very possible that it is running in the background.
How to fix Microsoft Edge high disk usage on Windows 10/11?
Fix Microsoft Edge high disk usage issue with ‘PC Repair Tool’
‘PC Repair Tool’ is a quick and easy way to find and fix BSOD Errors, DLL Errors, EXE Errors, Program/Application Problems, Malware or Virus Problems, System File or Registry Problems and other System Problems with just a few clicks. You can get this tool via the button/link below.
Try using an alternative browser
If you are facing Microsoft Edge high disk usage on computer, you can try other browser software like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and/or other browser as an alternative to MS Edge browser and check if the high disk usage issue is resolved. cpu/disk
Run Systems can for malware or virus with some powerful antivirus software
You can run system scan for malware or virus with some powerful antivirus software or PC repair tool to find and remove all threats on computer and fix Windows PC issues, and once it is done, check if it works for you to solve the problem.
Clear MS Edge browser cache
Corrupted cache can be the reason behind the problem. You can clear the browser cache to fix it.
- Open the ‘MS Edge’ browser on a Windows PC and press the ‘CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE’ keys on the keyboard to open the ‘Clear Browsing Data’ tab/page.
- Check all the checkboxes and click the ‘Clear’ button and confirm the deletion of browsing data. Once it is done, restart MS Edge browser and check if the issue is resolved.
Run MS Edge browser without extensions
Another possible way to fix the problem is to run MS Edge browser without extensions.
- Open ‘MS Edge’ browser and click on ‘Three dots’ icon and open ‘Extensions’
- Disable all the extensions one by one and once done, restart your MS Edge browser and check if it works.
Disable embedded Flash Player
You can disable the built-in Flash Player in MS Edge browser to fix the problem.
- Open ‘MS Edge’ browser and click ‘Three dots’ icon and choose ‘Advanced’ tab
- In Adobe Flash, disable the ‘Use Adobe Flash Player’ setting. Once done, restart your browser and install a third party flash player, and check if it works for you.
Update the Windows operating system
Updating the Windows operating system to the latest version may solve the problem.
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on a Windows PC via the Windows search box and go to ‘Update & Security > Windows Update’ and click the ‘Check for updates’ button.
- Download and install all available updates on the computer and once installed restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
Final words: How to Fix Microsoft Edge high disk usage in Windows 11
I hope you understand this article How to Fix Microsoft Edge high disk usage in Windows 11, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.