This tutorial is about the How to Edit Keyboard Shortcuts in Mozilla Firefox 67. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Edit Keyboard Shortcuts in Mozilla Firefox 67. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How to Edit Keyboard Shortcuts in Mozilla Firefox 67
Keyboard shortcuts are always useful regardless of what software you are using on your system. And they are an integral part of any power user’s arsenal. But the ability to assign custom keyboard shortcuts can take things to a whole new level. However, not all programs allow you to assign custom keyboard shortcuts by default. For example, Firefox offers the standard keyboard shortcuts found in most other browsers, but there is no option to assign your own.
There are two different ways to customize keyboard shortcuts in Firefox: you can customize global keyboard shortcuts for browser functions or just for extensions. Let’s look at the first one first.
Customize keyboard shortcuts for extensions
Now let’s move on to the other type of keyboard shortcut, the ones that work with extensions. Just follow these steps to set custom keyboard shortcuts for extensions:
- Click the menu button in Firefox and select the Add-on option from the drop-down menu.
- On the next page, click the gear icon to open the extension settings.
- Select Manage Extension Shortcuts from the drop-down menu.
- The next page will list all the extensions that support keyboard shortcuts, along with the editable text boxes next to the behavior of the shortcuts.
Just click on a text box to edit and customize it to your needs. Please note that this feature is only available in the latest version of Firefox, so you will only be able to use it if you update your browser.
Customize keyboard shortcuts for browser functions
Before starting, make sure you are running the latest version of Firefox on your system. After you have finished downloading and installing the update, follow these steps to customize the keyboard shortcuts for browser functions:
- Head over to the Firefox Add-ons website and search for the Shortkeys add-on.
- Click the plugin and on the next web page click the Add to Firefox button.
- Then click Add in the pop-up window to install the Shortkeys plugin on your browser.
- Once the add-on is installed, click on the Firefox menu button and select Add-ons from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Shortkeys plugin on the next page and scroll down to the Edit Shortcuts section to add a new keyboard shortcut. Then enter a keyboard shortcut in the text box under the New keyboard shortcut option.
- Click in the text box below the Behavior option and select the desired behavior from the pop-up menu.
- Once done, look at the Label option to give your shortcut a name. This step is optional, so you can skip it if you don’t plan on adding too many new keyboard shortcuts.
- Click the Activation Settings option and then check the box next to the Active option while in the form fields.
- Once you’ve customized the shortcut to your needs, simply scroll down and click the Save button to save the new shortcut.
- Once the new shortcut is saved, simply reload all the tabs in Firefox to start using it.
Final words: How to Edit Keyboard Shortcuts in Mozilla Firefox 67
I hope you understand this article How to Edit Keyboard Shortcuts in Mozilla Firefox 67, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.