This tutorial is about How to Clear Cache, History, and Cookies in Firefox. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Clear Cache, History, and Cookies in Firefox. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Table of contents
Check How to Clear Cache, History, and Cookies in Firefox
Clearing a web browser’s cache and cookies is an important first step in almost any Internet browsing troubleshooting. The “cache” is a tool used by your Internet browser to speed up the page loading process. However, it can sometimes cause problems when updating and developing websites, as the cached files may contradict what is actually encoded on the website. By clearing the cache and cookies, we can ensure that any problem is actually due to a bug on the website and not due to inconsistencies caused by using different browsers.
When you browse the Internet, information about the websites you visit is stored on your computer. Web content is cached so you can quickly access a page you’ve already visited. Websites store cookies on your computer and contain information such as login status and website preferences. Also, every website you visit is stored in your browsing history (this can be avoided by using a private browsing window).
How to clear cache, history and cookies in Firefox
Clear cookies and site data in Firefox for the current website
- To delete cookies and site data in Firefox for the website open in the current tab, click the lock icon on the left side of the address bar. Then select Clear cookies and site data.
- The Site Data and Cookies Deletion dialog box lists all cookies for the current site. Click Remove to remove them.
Clear cookies and site data in Firefox for any website
- To remove cookies from a specific website, even if you’re not currently on that site, click the menu button and then select Options.
- Select Privacy and Security on the left and scroll down to the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Click Manage data.
- In the Manage Cookies and Site Data dialog box, enter the name of the site whose cookies you want to delete in the search box. Items that match your search display.
- To remove a cookie, select it in the list and click Remove Selected. You can also remove all cookies from the list by clicking Remove all displayed.
- Click Save Changes.
Clear all cookies, site data and cache files in Firefox
- To delete all cache and cookies for all the websites you’ve visited in Firefox, go to the menu and select Options.
- Select Privacy and Security on the left and scroll down to the Cookies and Site Data section. Click Clear data.
- The following options are checked by default. If you don’t want to delete both, clear the check box for the one you don’t want to delete.
- Cookies and site data: login status and site preferences
- Cached web content: Stored images, scripts, and other cached content
- Click Delete.
- Click Erase Now in the confirmation dialog that appears.
Final remarks: How to Clear Cache, History, and Cookies in Firefox
I hope you understand this article, How to Clear Cache, History, and Cookies in Firefox. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.