This tutorial is about the How to change folder’s default name in Windows 11/10. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to change folder’s default name in Windows 11/10. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How to change folder’s default name in Windows 11/10
New folders in Windows 10 are named “New Folder” by default. Users have the option to rename a new folder when it is created or to name it later whenever they want, but a folder cannot be anonymous. For this reason, there is a default folder name. When multiple new folders are created and the user does not change their name, a number is added to the end of each folder to distinguish it from the others. The default name remains the same, that is, New Folder.
New folder is a reasonable default name for a folder, but if you want to use a different default folder name, you can change it by editing the Windows registry.
Customize the new default folder name with Windows Registry Editor (Regedit)
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, search for “regedit” in the Windows search bar and click on the first result.
- Navigate to Computer> HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer using the left pane in the Regedit window. Now create a directory called NamingTemplates. To do that, right click on the ‘Explorer’ directory and select New> Key
- Name the new directory NamingTemplates and create a new entry within it. To do that, select the new directory, right-click the blank area in the right pane, and select New> String Value.
- Name the new entry RenameNameTemplate . Now right click on it and select Modify  in the options pop-up menu.
- In the ‘Value data’ field within the pop-up box, select the default name chosen for the new folders on your computer. For demonstration purposes, I am choosing ‘Beebom Files’ . Finally, click OK  to save your settings.
- To avoid the behavior mentioned above and keep the original default name as part of the new default, add “% s” (without quotes) along with the chosen name. Adding the wildcard will preserve the original default name while adding the chosen string in the name of the file, folder, archive, etc.
- Adding the wildcard% s before the chosen name (as in the screenshot above) will add the original default to the beginning of the file / folder name, while placing the wildcard at the end will add the original default to the end. The screenshot below shows how a file or folder will be named if you add the wildcard at the beginning.
Final words: How to change folder’s default name in Windows 11/10
I hope you understand this article How to change folder’s default name in Windows 11/10, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.