This tutorial is about How to Cast Firefox using Chromecast. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to Cast Firefox using Chromecast. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check How to Cast Firefox using Chromecast
Looking for an alternative browser that supports Chromecast? Firefox is the best option. Firefox, also known as Mozilla Firefox. is a free, open source browser that you can access on Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac. It was one of the first browsers to offer a private browsing mode, allowing you to browse without revealing your history, cookies, or cache. Compared to Chrome, Firefox uses less memory and CPU load, allowing it to run websites at maximum speed.
Firefox is also known as Mozilla Firefox and was developed by the Mozilla Foundation. And it’s available in 97 languages. Firefox is an open source web browser and a completely free service. When it comes to compatibility, it is available for Android, iOS, macOS, Linux, and later versions of Windows 7. You can also use Firefox on unofficial ports like FreeBSD, NetBSD, Solaris Unix, Unix and Unix-like operating systems, Illumos, etc. .
With Firefox, you get many features like spell checker, smart bookmarks, tabbed browsing, user profile management, full screen mode, incremental search, download manager, private browsing screenshot tool, etc. Now you can easily cast Mozilla Firefox to your Chromecast connected TV. Firefox now natively supports Chromecast. So you can download it to your Smart TV and enjoy your favorite content with Firefox. However, it is only suitable for Android devices.
How to stream Firefox using Chromecast
Chromecast Firefox browser using extension/plugin
- Connect your laptop or desktop with Windows installed on Firefox browser and Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Visit this Github page to add the fx_cast plugin to your Firefox browser. The extension will bring a cast icon to Chromecast from your Firefox browser.
- Tap the Firefox extension option to download it.
- After downloading, tap the Continue Installation option on the warning message.
- Click Add to allow all necessary permissions.
- After adding the extension, you can find a Cast icon in the menu bar.
- Find the web page you want, and then right-click anywhere on the screen.
- Hit the Cast option and then choose your Chromecast device to mirror the web page to your TV. On sites like YouTube, you can find the streaming icon right on the media player.
Chromecast Firefox browser using Google Chrome
- Just like the previous method, connect your Windows/Mac and Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your device and right-click on the screen to choose the Cast menu.
- Once the Chromecast device name appears on the screen, hit the Sources tab and choose the Cast Desktop option.
- Choose the screen and click the Share option.
- The PC screen will appear on the TV screen immediately. Next, launch the Firefox browser and browse to the web page you want.
Chromecast Firefox browser using a smartphone
Since the Firefox browser does not have built-in streaming support, you need to mirror your smartphone screen. Unfortunately, the screen mirroring procedure differs on Android and iOS devices.
- Connect your Android smartphone or tablet and Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the notification panel on your smartphone and touch the Cast menu.
- Choose your Chromecast device and allow permission to mirror your Android device.
- After mirroring the smartphone screen, launch the Firefox browser and start browsing.
- Install the Replica app on your iPhone and make sure the device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as Chromecast.
- On the Replica home screen, choose your Chromecast device.
- Choose Start Cast to mirror the iPhone screen.
- Now open Firefox and play the video you want.
Final words: How to Cast Firefox using Chromecast
I hope you understand this article, How to Cast Firefox using Chromecast. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.