This tutorial is about the Fix ‘ERR_CACHE_MISS’ Issue in Google Chrome. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog Fix ‘ERR_CACHE_MISS’ Issue in Google Chrome. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check Fix ‘ERR_CACHE_MISS’ Issue in Google Chrome
More and more people are encountering “Err_Cache_Miss” error message in Google Chrome while browsing the Internet. The error usually appears along with the “Confirm form resubmission” message, which doesn’t say much about what went wrong. The “Err_Cache_Miss” error can occur for various reasons. For some users, the error occurs due to cache issues related to the website you are visiting or Google Chrome itself. For example, the error can occur if there is not enough space available on your hard drive for the cache.
A more common cause is related to the coding of a website. Poorly encoded pages can cause the “Err_Cache_Miss” error to appear. Although this is usually the fault of the website developer, you can try the following troubleshooting steps on your own. Common issues that can lead to the “Err_Cache_Miss” error include bugs and misconfigured settings.
There are also reports of corrupt Chrome extensions causing this error. Fortunately, all of these problems can be fixed. The problem may be caused by you or by a browser bug. In these cases, you have more control over the resolution of the problem. However, sometimes the problem is with the website’s server and there is not much you can do.
Fix ‘ERR_CACHE_MISS’ issue in Google Chrome
Delete navigation data
In fact, corrupted browsing data or files in your Chrome browser can cause various issues including ERR_CACHE_MISS error. In this case, you need to clear your browsing data.
- Click on the Chrome control menu. Select More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- Choose the start of time for the time period, check all the items, and then click Clear browsing data.
- You have cleared your browsing data. Reopen your browser and see if the error is gone.
Check browser extensions
Some extensions or plugins can affect your browser and cause the ERR_CACHE_MISS error. You need to check your Google extensions to find the source of the problem.
- Click on the Chrome control menu. Select More tools and then Extensions.
- A list of extensions will appear. You can identify the problematic extensions by disabling or enabling them one by one. It is suggested that you try disabling the toolbars and ad blocking tools that you use, as these extensions can usually cause problems.
Reset your browser
The error may be caused by incorrect browser settings or configurations. But if you don’t know exactly what is causing this problem, you can reset your browser to default settings.
- Open the control menu and click Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings at the bottom. Then scroll down and click on Reset Settings.
- Confirm your action.
- Your browser settings are reset. Now check and see if this fixes the error.
Update your browser
Older versions of the Chrome browser may contain bugs that result in the ERR_CACHE_MISS error. You can fix such problems by updating your browser to its latest version. Try this and see if the error goes away.
Disable system cache
If you encounter the ERR_CACHE_MISS error, you can use the developer tool to disable the cache to avoid this error.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + I keys. Then press the F1 key.
- Scroll down to find Disable cache (while DevTools is open) in the Network section. Review this article. Then reload the page and see if the problem is resolved.
Reset network settings
Sometimes faulty network settings can cause the error. You may need to open Command Prompt to reset these settings.
- Press the Win key and type “cmd”. Right-click Command Prompt in the result and select Run as administrator.
- Type the following command lines at the command prompt. (Note that you must press Enter after typing each line and before moving on to the next line.)
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /all
- ipconfig /flushdns
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
Final words: Fix ‘ERR_CACHE_MISS’ Issue in Google Chrome
I hope you understand this article Fix ‘ERR_CACHE_MISS’ Issue in Google Chrome, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.