While until last week, Samsung was busy updating its devices to the One UI 4.0 firmware that featured the December Android security patch, the January version is finally live. Apart from that, iQOO commences its Android 12 journey with a delayed beta release. Honor’s 2022 roadmap and Oppo’s update schedule are out as well. There is a lot to uncover, so make sure you stick along.
Devices That are Lined Up for Today:
Galaxy A52, Galaxy S10 Lite, W22 5G, A52s, Galaxy Fold 5G
Nvidia Shield TV
Several Pixel Devices
Android 12 Based One UI 4.0 is Live for Galaxy A52
In case you’ve been following the behavior of the OEM industry for the past few weeks, you’ll know that Samsung has been busy introducing the Android 12 based One UI 4.0 to its devices. Scenes are no different this week as it is time for Galaxy A52 to taste the new firmware.
Talking about the new update, it bears A525FXXU4BUL8 as the version number and is currently live for the devices in Russia. Alongside Android 12 goodies, the firmware shelters December 2021 Android security patch.
Samsung S10 Lite Gets One UI 4.0
Samsung continues rolling out the international variant of One UI 4.0 as this time around; it reaches Galaxy S10 Lite devices. Featuring the model code as SM-G770F and build number G770FXS6FULA, the new firmware brings Android 12 goodies together with December 2021 security patch.
Samsung W22 5G Gets its Share of One UI 4.0
If you’re from China, the chances are high that you know that the W22 5G device is actually a modified version of Galaxy Z Fold 3. The device is exclusive to the Chinese market, and it has started making news recently. With version number W2022ZCU2BULF, the custom Galaxy Z Fold3 is getting updated to the new One UI 4.0, featuring Android 12. As usual, you can expect Android 12 and UI 4.0 goodies; however, the scene with the security patch isn’t clear yet.
One UI 4.0 Makes its Way towards Galaxy A52s
Samsung is seemingly operating on a “no-brake” policy as the Galaxy A52s 5G becomes the fourth device to get One UI 4.0 this week. Currently, the new firmware with version number A528NKSS1BUL7 is limited to the Korean market, while the same is expected to hit the global stage pretty soon. For those wondering what’s new, well, there are a healthy number of Android 12 and One UI 4.0 goodies to enjoy together with the latest December 2021 security patch.
Galaxy Fold 5G Gets Android 12 with January 2022 Security Patch
We’ve seen Samsung getting the security section sorted with the latest Android patches even before entering the designated month. However, the scenes have been slightly different, especially with the company still busy rolling out the One UI 4.0. This is why all the updates so far came with the December 2021 security patch.
Galaxy Fold 5G becomes the first device to get the 2022 security patch. The recently released firmware with version number F907BXXU6GULB bags the January version of the security patch alongside Android 12 based One UI 4.0. As I articulate this write-up, the new firmware is exclusive for UK-based devices.
Android 11 is Live for Nvidia Shield TV
A great piece of news for all the Nvidia Shield TV owners. The company has decided to update the whole Shield TV lineup, starting from the 2015 model. The update is set to bring a series of amazing features native to Android 11. Apart from these, the introduction of the new Gboard and the support for aptX-compliant headphones are worth mentioning.
Android 12 Based Funtouch Beta is Live for iQOO Z5
Although the schedule is a bit delayed from what the roadmap transpired, the beta version of Funtouch featuring Android 12 is finally live for iQOO Z5 users. The new beta build weighs somewhere around 5.08 GB and bags PD2148F_EX_36.9.2 as the version number.
Android 12L Beta is Live
It was 12 Jan 2022 when Google started pushing the second beta build of Android 12L for all the newer Pixel devices except Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. In case you’re still unaware of what Android 12L is all about, let me quickly help you understand before discussing the features that the beta build is expected to bring to the table.
Android 12L is a tuned Android build that is meant to offer flexible usage through optimization across different factors, including display sizes, adoption elements, and more. Overall, this variant of Android is designed to make sure tablets and similar kinds of devices get the most out of their OS.
The Beta 3 of Android 12L promises various sorts of optimizations. Reportedly the APIs and system behaviors have also been finalized with this version. Moreover, the update focuses on finalizing the compatibility of the new OS.
- RealMe officials made it clear that the 2021 launched RealMe pad won’t be getting the Android 12 update.
- Honor announces the roadmap for the Magic UI 6.0 update. According to the roadmap, the update should reach Honor V40, Honor Tablet V7, Honor Tablet V7 Pro, and Honor X30, X30i, X20 by 2022’s third quarter. The first quarter of 2022 will start with Magic3, Magic3 Pro, and Magic 3 Pro+, followed by Honor 50, Honor 50 Pro, Honor 60 Pro, and 60 in the April-June phase.
- The roadmap for Oppo’s ColorOS 12 is live. From Feb 2022, you can expect Reno5 F, Reno 4 Pro, Reno 4, Reno 4 F, F19 Pro, and F17 Pro to get their share of Android 12 while Reno5 Lite, Reno 4 Pro 5G, Reno 4 Z 5G, Reno4 Lite, A94, A93, A53s 5G will have to wait till March. Currently, a few devices in Indonesia and the A 74 5G in India are all set to experience the new UI.
A Quick Round-Up
- Android 12 Based One UI 4.0 is Live for Galaxy A52
- Samsung S10 Lite Gets One UI 4.0
- Samsung W22 5G Gets its Share of One UI 4.0
- One UI 4.0 Makes its Way towards Galaxy A52s
- Galaxy Fold 5G Gets Android 12 with January 2022 Security Patch
- Android 11 is Live for Nvidia Shield TV
- Android 12 Based Funtouch Beta is Live for iQOO Z5
- Android 12L Beta is Live
- No Android 12 for RealMe Pad
- Honor Shares 2022 Roadmap
- The Roadmap for Oppo’s Color OS 12 Update is Live
With that, I wrap up today’s session of exciting firmware news from around the week. Don’t forget to join us next week as several noteworthy updates are ready to unfold.