Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe! We are one of the largest and most respected private organizations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. We are a politically independent and non-denominational organization, our value-oriented actions are always based on humanitarian principles. Our vision is a world in which everyone has the chance and the right to lead a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty.
Welthungerhilfe’s Head Office is in Bonn, Germany whilst the Syria Response is managed from our Country Office in Gaziantep. Welthungerhilfe was established in Turkey in 2013 specifically to help people who are affected by the Syria Crisis. Since then, the organisation has expanded its program scope and scale to make the greatest possible contribution to meeting humanitarian needs in Turkey and North West Syria. Welthungerhilfe has field offices in Azaz and Afrin, as well as Ankara, Istanbul, Hatay and Mardin. The Syria Response program includes food security, WASH services, Shelter and NFI services, protection, early recovery and livelihood.
If you want to become part of this joint mission in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Field Office Manager – Roving*
in roving between the locations Dana, Afrin and Azaz, base location will be AlDana Office in Idleb. The time division between the locations will be Dana 40%, Azaz 40% and Afrin 20%.
The position is to be filled by September 1, 2022, with a contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension depending on the project duration. Service location will be based in Aldana Office and roving between Azaz & Afrin Offices in Syria. The position is paid according to SG7, Monthly roving allowances will be provided.
The FOM position will be roving between the locations Dana, Afrin and Azaz, base location will be Dana. The time division between the locations will be Dana 40%, Azaz 40% and Afrin 20%.
The FOM reports to the Senior Logistics Officer and will be the focal point regarding overall field office operational coordination, strategic tasks as delegated by senior management, overseeing the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of offices and is the focal point as regards general external relations as regards operations. The FOM will be informed by the HOPs regarding program implementation, external engagement and operational challenges.
- Coordination of shared administration issues: NB The definition of shared in this context relates to the purpose of the resource be it human or material and whether this is functionally shared across projects. As such shared resources generally relate to support staff, office space, assets, consumables. The HOP for the project under which this shared resource is funded should be informed and consulted as relevant.
- Coordination across projects in the defined location: promote the coordination of administrative, financial and logistic issues in order to ensure synergy effects and best use of the resources
- Coordination of shared resources: At the beginning of each project and periodically, HOPs and FOM should agree upon the management of shared resources in consultation with the relevant HODs. Typically, the head of department will lead on decisions related to procurement of shared resources; but should also consult with the FOM and HOPs to ensure a smooth, effective and efficient use of all resources and materials in the location. In particular, the FOM will lead on ensuring fair allocation of office space and vehicles, escalating issues to management if consensus is not reached locally.
- External Representation and networking: The FOM can be requested to carry out Official representation of WHH vis-à-vis relevant local authorities, partners and landlords. In order to ensure overall cohesive external relations, the Liaison focal point (either at field office where this exists, or at Country Office level) and the Access Manager should be consulted prior to setting up/ agreeing to any external meetings, and where possible should be present at high level meetings, with the responsibility of taking minutes of the meeting. Project specific external relations are led by the respective HOP, who should ensure that both the Liaison focal point and the FOM are aware of the meeting and that minutes are taken and shared timely.
- Code of Conduct and HR responsibilities: Ensure overall adherence of the team to the code of conduct and related policies, including working hours, and use of assets, as well as proper handling of complaints.
· Any unethical behavior and complaints should be handled as per the policy and reported immediately: https://www.welthungerhilfe.org/about-us/transparency-and-quality/code-of-conduct/. The Serious Complaints Committee may request the support of the FOM for coordinating and conducting field level investigations.
· Any disciplinary issue relating to the COC should involve HR and the relevant remote functional/ technical line manager in the decision prior to taking action. In cases where there is lack of consensus the CD has the final decision.
· Where relevant the FOM can be involved in the recruitment process for support/shared staff in consultation with the remote functional/ technical line manager. HOPs should be consulted for any specific requirements that need to be considered.
· Support in managing signature process for the HR related documents -which are prepared and sent from Gaziantep office- from the new or current consultants/Daily workers and revert back the documents to Gaziantep Office on time.
· Ensure the orientation of new consultants is delivered on their first working day.
· Assist in the onboarding process for new hires.
· Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary
· Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware and travel arrangements)
· Upon request, receive the COI declaration form from the staff and share them with the compliance and HR.
- Administration responsibilities: The FOM is accountable for ensuring all administrative processes work effectively.
· Offices/Facilities’ management; including maintenance and smooth functioning of all office utilities (electricity, water, telephone, heating etc.)
- Processing payments of; Offices buildings, utilities including electricity, water, telephone and heating system etc.
- Support logistics of Visitors and make travel arrangement including tickets, flights, hotel reservations and transport facilitation.
- Record and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence including emails, parcels, hand delivered messages and monitor responses.
- Make administrative and logistical arrangements of meeting, workshops and trainings.
- Attend staff meetings, draft minutes and circulate when required.
- Make sure that stationary and office supplies are adequately available in offices.
- Manage filing systems (it can be online/paper).
- Develop and implement new administrative systems, such as record management.
- Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices.
- Write monthly reports for senior management group (SMG) and deliver presentations whenever requested from SMG.
- Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately.
- Regular update the index of contact addresses (Phone, Email).
- Fleet Management:
- Allocation of vehicles to staff as per vehicle movement plan.
- Monitor regular maintenance of the vehicles, make sure vehicles are well maintained and are equipped with necessary equipment (spare tire, tool box, fire extinguisher, first aid box and toe chain etc.)
- Monitoring vehicles’ log book to make sure the judicious use of vehicles.
- Management of drivers including scheduling their duties.
- Position open to Syrian nationals only
- Education: Bachelor University Degree in relevant subject
- Work Experience: 3 to 5 years’ professional experience in a similar position, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Skills/knowledge: Computer competences in Microsoft Office
- Experience in managing logistics including warehousing, inventory management.
- Experience in fleet management, vehicles allocation, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Experience in office administration, day to day office requirements including office supplies/stationary requirements, office cleaning and maintenance.
- Experience in liaison with stakeholders, government officials and partners.
- Social Skills; Ability to integrate in a transcultural team, hardworking, good communication skills, ability to motivate and develop skills of others, attentive to detail, co-operative, good humour.
- Language Skills: English and Arabic are required (written & spoken), Turkish is advantage.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
WHH receives funds from its donors for projects. If necessary funds are secured the duration of the announced post may be extended. If project funding is not secured the activities will stop completely and the employment contract shall be terminated.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system on the below link by July 23, 2022. PLEASE SEND YOUR CV IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE. Arabic CVs will be discarded. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
Please read the privacy notice. WHH JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform. On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey. You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.