Faces of 14 people jailed in Liverpool this week | #computerhacking | #hacking

This list includes 14 people locked up for crimes linked to Merseyside this past week.

One judge had to sentence a hit-and-run driver in a stolen car who mowed down a dad-of-three and left him to die.

Courts heard about twisted paedophiles who ruined people’s lives and EncroChat drug dealers who spread misery.

READ MORE: Computer hacker creep is bullying vulnerable prisoners in jail

Judges sentenced violent, controlling and bullying boyfriends who broke bones and traumatised vulnerable women.

And they dealt with a computer hacker who has targeted girls and young women in cowardly and devious attacks.

Here is an overview of some of the most serious cases to have concluded this past week.

Leonard Wood

Leonard Wood, 67, of Bark Road, Litherland

Leonard Wood raped a child nearly 40 times during abuse lasting more than a decade.

When the now adult woman went to police to report her ordeal, Wood claimed she instigated his “vile” attacks.

He denied any sexual activity between them when she was underage and claimed any sexual contact after that was consensual.

But a search of his home revealed camcorder cassettes hidden in the loft – including one that appeared to have been destroyed.

And when a detective managed to repair the old cassette, it showed Wood had filmed himself raping and molesting the child.

Wood, 67, of Bark Road, Litherland, claimed the activity was consensual and admitted only two offences – counts of making indecent photographs of a child – claiming the videos were of her when she was aged 16 or 17.

But evidence showed she was in fact under 16 at the time and he was found guilty of 11 counts of rape and three counts of indecent assault.

Wood was jailed for 24 years with an extended one year on licence.

John Chean

John Chean, 34 and of Thirlmere Walk in Kirkby, was sentenced to six years for conspiracy to supply cocaine and amphetamine. Image: GMP
John Chean, 34 and of Thirlmere Walk in Kirkby, was sentenced to six years for conspiracy to supply cocaine and amphetamine. Image: GMP

EncroChat dealer John Chean traded luxury cars for hauls of drugs in cocaine and amphetamine plots.

Chean and fellow crook Remez Caffrey navigated the underworlds of Liverpool and Manchester under the shared codename “FrostJacket”.

Messages suggested they were also behind a raid on a rival gang’s drug den.

Chean and Caffrey exchanged messages with other EncroChat handles, buying around two and a half kilos of cocaine with a street value of around £100,000 in one deal.

They also sourced 61kg of amphetamine, thought to have a street value of around £61,000, and 44kg of cannabis, said to be worth some £264,000.

Chean, 34, of Thirlmere Walk, Kirkby, admitted conspiracy to supply cocaine and amphetamines. He was jailed for six years.

Caffrey, 24, of Chelston Avenue, New Moston, Manchester, admitted conspiracies to supply cannabis, cocaine and amphetamine, conspiracy to import cannabis, and money laundering.

He was jailed for 11 years and three months.

Benny Lundquvist

Benny Lundquvist, 65, of Blockflöjtstigen, Kungsängen, Sweden
Benny Lundquvist, 65, of Blockflöjtstigen, Kungsängen, Sweden

Paedophile Benny Lundquvist who suffered a stroke before he was extradited to the UK moaned about his treatment in British prisons.

The 65-year-old, from Sweden, molested a little girl in sexual abuse in Merseyside that had a “devastating impact” on the victim.

But while she was left contemplating suicide, he returned to his native country and carried on with his life like nothing had ever happened.

In late 2020, the pervert suffered a stroke, just months before he was dragged back to Merseyside to face justice for his sick crimes.

Appearing for sentence, he had the gall to complain about prison healthcare not being of the same standard he received in a rehabilitation centre back home.

He was found guilty of three counts of indecent assault and one count of indecency with a child.

Lundquvist, of Blockflöjtstigen, Kungsängen, Sweden, was jailed for eight years.

Anthony Ballard

Anthony Ballard, 30, of Marsh Lane, Bootle
Anthony Ballard, 30, of Marsh Lane, Bootle

A victim living in fear of her violent and controlling partner Anthony Ballard managed to escape his clutches by using a domestic abuse code word.

The frightened woman went into Boots pharmacy in Bootle and asked for “Ani” which staff knew meant she needed help and they took her into a back room.

Police were contacted and her abuser, Ballard, eventually admitted controlling and coercive behaviour and assault causing actual bodily harm.

Ballard, 30, of Marsh Lane, Bootle, who abused the woman in 2021, was on licence at the time for a six-year sentence for conspiring to commit burglaries.

He was jailed for two years.

Paul Otty and Christina Evans

Paul Otty, 38, of Scorton Road, Liverpool, was jailed at Liverpool Crown Court on Monday, February 28, 2022.
Paul Otty, 38, of Scorton Road, Liverpool

Paul Otty waved a machete at a pregnant woman while his partner Christina Evans stood guard in a terrifying robbery.

Otty threatened the worker in an off licence of Rocky Lane in Tuebrook less than an hour after doing a similar thing at another shop on Lower Breck Road.

He and Evans were stopped during that robbery by a shop worker and only managed to steal a bottle of brandy rather than the cash they were hoping for.

In the second raid they made off with a mobile phone.

Christina Evans, 43, of Scorton Road, Liverpool, was jailed at Liverpool Crown Court on Wednesday, March 2, 2022.
Christina Evans, 43, of Scorton Road, Liverpool

Masked Otty, 38, spearheaded the robberies on May 14 last year, while Evans, 43, supported him by keeping a look out.

Evans, of Scotland Road, admitted robbery and provided crucial evidence to the court identifying Otty as a fellow perpetrator, who then also pleaded guilty.

She was jailed for three years.

Otty, also of Scorton Road, was jailed for seven years.

Lee McGuiness

Lee McGuiness, 21, of Rivenmill Place, Widnes
Lee McGuiness, 21, of Rivenmill Place, Widnes

Lee McGuiness glassed a stranger in a nightclub then was seen “laughing” and “joking” in McDonalds.

The 21-year-old attacked Jake Hopwood, 18, who he accused of filming him on a mobile phone, at The Establishment in Wigan.

Mr Hopwood was filming the club because it was permanently closing the next day, but McGuiness knocked the phone out of his hand.

Despite Mr Hopwood explaining he wasn’t filming McGuiness, the yob smashed a glass into the side of his head, on New Year’s Eve in 2019.

The victim suffered a 3cm cut to the back of his left ear, a 5cm tear to that side of his head, and has been left with a permanent lump.

McGuiness, 21, of Rivenmill Place, Widnes, admitted inflicting grievous bodily harm on the basis of recklessness.

He was jailed for 15 months.

Courtney Smith

Courtney Smith and her girlfriend Rhiannon Sweeney waited outside a nightclub and battered two other women.

Smith and Sweeney set upon Jorden Pilkington and Jeanette Wills outside Empire bar in St Helens on Saturday, October 26, 2019.

Prosecutors said they targeted the victims after an argument inside the club over a spilt drink and waited outside to attack them.

Smith, 21, of Elmsfield Close, Thatto Heath, St Helens, punched Ms Wills in the head multiple times, leaving her with a perforated eardrum.

Liverpool’s courts are some of the busiest in the UK, with a huge variety of cases being heard each week.

To get a behind the scenes look at how they work and the moments that don’t make our stories, subscribe to our free weekly Echo Court Files newsletter, written by court reporter Neil Docking.

How do I sign up?

It’s free, easy and takes no time at all.

  1. First just click on this link to our newsletter sign-up centre.
  2. Once you’re there, put your email address where it says at the top, then click on the Echo Court Files button. There are other newsletters available too if you want them as well.
  3. When you’ve made your choice, press the Save Changes button at the bottom.

Sweeney, 21, of Princess Drive, Yew Tree, punched Ms Pilkington, before security staff intervened.

A jury found Smith guilty of wounding Ms Wills and Sweeney guilty of assaulting Ms Pilkington.

Smith was jailed for 12 months. Merseyside Police said it did not have her mugshot.

Sweeney was handed nine months in prison, suspended for two years.

Kevin Marshall

Kevin Marshall, 33, of no fixed address
Kevin Marshall, 33, of no fixed address

Kevin Marshall split his girlfriend’s head open with a glass ashtray and jug before washing the blood from her hair.

The 33-year-old had told his victim “I may as well do you in, I’ll only get seven years” before leaving her covered in blood in a cowardly attack.

A judge slammed him for his lack of empathy after he told a probation officer: “It weren’t like she were bleeding out and asking for help, I carried on hitting her.”

Marshall and the woman, who the ECHO chose not to name, had been in an “on/off” relationship for about two years, before the attack at her home in St Helens on January 6 this year.

She needed five stitches to a cut to the top of her head, four stitches for a cut to her left ear, butterfly stitches to her nose and treatment for a broken left collarbone and scratched eye.

Marshall, of no fixed address, admitted wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

He was jailed for five years and three months, with an extended three years on licence.

Shaun Rimmer

Shaun Rimmer, 28, of no fixed address but from Liverpool
Shaun Rimmer, 28, of no fixed address but from Liverpool

Hit and run driver Shaun Rimmer killed a dad-of-three then drove away with a bloodstained and shattered windscreen.

The 28-year-old was driving a stolen Seat Leon through Aberdeen at high speeds while being chased by police.

As he fled at around 50mph in a 30mph zone, Rimmer, from Liverpool, hit Simon Musabayana, 48, as he crossed a road.

Rimmer sped off then abandoned the Seat Leon, which was stolen from a home in Cheshire, 12 days before the crash.

Mental health nurse Mr Musabayana, who suffered catastrophic injuries on August 16, 2021, died in hospital 26 days later.

Career criminal Rimmer went on the run and was later arrested in Liverpool.

He admitted causing death by dangerous driving, driving while disqualified and driving without insurance.

Rimmer was jailed for eight years.

John Davies

John Davies, 46, of Fishers Lane, Pensby, Wirral,
John Davies, 46, of Fishers Lane, Pensby, Wirral

John Davies who got a job at Network Rail after being released from prison blew it all by breaking his girlfriend’s eye socket.

He has a shocking history of violence which led to him receiving an indeterminate sentence of Imprisonment for Public Protection (IPP) in 2010.

The crook was then jailed for 18 years for possessing a handgun and supplying and conspiring to supply cocaine when sentenced in 2011.

The 46-year-old, of Fishers Lane, Pensby, was released in October 2020 and said he was “determined to lead a law-abiding lifestyle”.

But his partner rang 999 from her bathroom and whispered: “I’ve been badly beaten up by my partner. He’s coming up the stairs. He’s going to kill me.”

He admitted wounding over the attack on Adele Bradshaw at her Wirral home on January 30 this year.

Davies, who has been recalled to prison on his IPP, was jailed for 16 months.

Shaun Brownlee

Shaun Brownlee, 36 and of Bath Street, Southport, was sentenced to four years for offences including aggravated burglary and arson reckless as to whether life was endangered. Image: Merseyside Police
Shaun Brownlee, 36, of Bath Street, Southport

Shaun Brownlee armed with a snapped pool cue and kitchen knife tried to set fire to a home in a drunken revenge attack.

The 36-year-old wielded the weapons as he broke into a flat block and “hammered” on the door of his target on November 8 last year.

He then attempted to set a fire outside the address, failed and returned an hour later, only to fail again, at Stanley Street in Southport.

Prosecutors said he was targeting a man named Thomas Moreland, but the court did not hear the background to their dispute.

Brownlee, of Bath Street in Southport, admitted aggravated burglary, arson being reckless as to whether life was endangered, two counts of possessing an offensive weapon and arson.

He was jailed for four years.

Jack Roberts

Jack Roberts, 27, of Judges Drive, Tuebrook, was jailed at Liverpool Crown Court .
Jack Roberts, 27, of Judges Drive, Tuebrook, was jailed at Liverpool Crown Court.

Two burglars who drunkenly ransacked a British Heart Foundation shop said they didn’t realise it was a charity store.

Jack Roberts and Gary Dutton burgled a phone repair shop in Old Swan on October 10 last year, taking devices worth £2,500 and cash.

They then raided the charity shop on West Derby Road on November 18, when they stole £1,336 from the till and damaged the building.

Roberts, 27, also targeted a children’s nursery alone on September 29, before he carried out the two raids with 41-year-old Dutton.

Pictured is Liverpool Crown Court

Join more than 56,000 other people who are members of our Liverpool court cases and crime stories Facebook group and you’ll get access to all the latest stories from court reporter Neil Docking.

It will feature reports from Liverpool Crown Court and crime cases connected to Merseyside.

To join and get updates, click here and you can also follow Neil’s Facebook page here.

You can also sign up to our court newsletter here and get a twice weekly roundup of court cases sent your email inbox for free.

He caused thousands of pounds in damage by breaking into the nursery, before taking just under £150 of goods.

Roberts, of Judges Drive, Tuebrook, was jailed for two years and three months.

A judge said sending dad-of-three Dutton to prison would make his children homeless.

Dutton, of Darmond Road, Kirkby, was handed 16 months in jail, suspended for two years.

Ryan Campbell

Ryan Campbell, 22, of Smith Road, Kirkdale
Ryan Campbell, 22, of Smith Road, Kirkdale

Ryan Campbell sent a woman’s family intimate photos of her and edited a newspaper article to make it look like she was a paedophile.

The computer hacker was previously jailed for 20 months in September 2020 for making three young girls’ lives a misery.

They included a child aged 12 or 13, after she refused to send him naked pictures; a 16-year-old ex-partner, who he told to kill herself; and a 15-year-old victim, who he tormented by pretending to be her alleged rapist.

Within days of being released from prison, he sent a friend request on Snapchat to his latest victim, a young woman who the ECHO has chosen not to name, in October 2021.

Campbell, 22, of Smith Road, Kirkdale, admitted computer hacking, harassment and disclosing private sexual photographs.

He was jailed for two years.

Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what’s on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here

Original Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

+ forty one = forty four