The BAT platform was developed to make DeFi and crypto available and usable to everyone. BAT is the native token of the Brave web browser built on top of Ethereum blockchain (ETH). The Brave browser was launched to address the following issues in the crypto advertising sector:
- Misleading ads with trackers that target users with malware
- The current advertising trends that were unfavorable for everyone in the advertising agency.
- Upholding security, fairness, and efficiency of digital advertising through blockchain technology.
BAT and Brave browser achieve these goals in the following ways:
- BAT, which is a blockchain-based system, ensures efficient distribution of advertising money among advertisers, publishers, and readers of online marketing content and ads.
- The platform tracks time spent by consumers on websites using the Brave web browser.
- The Brave browser ensures that customers have fewer ad experience, well-suited to their interests without compromising on their data privacy.
- The BAT token, which is used as currency on the Brave platform, is used to facilitate various advertising services:
- The token is used for transactions among users, advertisers and publishers.
- It is engineered to block trackers, invasive cookies, and malware.
- It tracks user attention anonymously and yet safely by utilizing blockchain technology.
- Then it utilizes the user’s attention to help advertisers in identifying and effectively reducing frauds.
- User’s attention means their undistracted mental investment on digital content like advertisements, which is logged in through Brave.
- For this, publishers of digital advertisements are rewarded with Basic Attention Token (BAT). Their income increases as their content becomes more efficient in gaining sustained user attention.
- At the same time, advertisers reap better returns on their investment.
- Users of Brave browser are also rewarded with BAT for their participation in the project.
- BATs can be exchanged for many services on the platform as well as for selected quality content.
- The platform plans to further monetize user action related to digital advertisements in the future, according to investopedia.com.
When it comes to security, Brave is an open-sourced, privacy-centric browser that ensures that the user’s private data and tracking information is stored only on the user’s device. The project’s white paper was published in 2018 and it’s still undergoing development.
The BAT cryptocurrency meant for blockchain-based and user-oriented digital advertising can be a lucrative and reliable bet for trading. It is priced at Rs 91.92 and ranked 80 as of December 22 according to coingecko.com. One of the oldest crypto exchanges of India, ZebPay, offers trading in BAT through simple steps of KYC verification. .
For the latest crypto news and investment tips, follow our Cryptocurrency page and for live cryptocurrency price updates, click here.