Smart Home security may involve a door lock, a doorbell, and a security camera, but instead of providing three different devices, Eufy Security Video Smart Lock combines all three features into a single device that can be installed on your front door.
The device’s smart lock can be opened via a fingerprint scanner, an Android app, or voice commands through Alexa or Google Assistant, while you can watch the feed from the integrated 2K camera through the app whenever motion detection, combined with human detection, detects visitors.
Eufy Security Video Smart Lock key features:
- 2K video camera with 160° field-of-view, 4:3 aspect ratio, 4 LEDs for night vision
- Video storage – Stored locally with SD card in the Chime (Gray box in the photo below), optional cloud storage coming
- Fingerprint sensor with 0.3s unlock, self-learning algorithm
- PIR and Radar motion detection, human detection, Range: 6 meters
- Auto-lock after up to 3 minutes
- Unlocking mechanism – Fingerprint, passcode, remote Wi-Fi via Eufy Security app, physical keys, and voice unlock with Alexa or Google Assistant.
- Power Supply – Built-in 10,000 mAh battery that can be charged via USB-C cable. Good for about 120 days on a charge with all features enabled and 10 lock/unlock per day, 10 motion detections per day, and 20 seconds video).
- Ingress protection rating – IP65
- Compatible with latch holes that are 38 to 54 mm wide, and 60 to 70mm deep
- BHMA certifications with over 200,000 lock/unlock cycles, ability to withstand 40,000 keyboard presses, 10,000 Newtons of pull testing, and 10,000 impact tests.
- Temperature Range – -30°C to 70°C
The auto-lock feature and/or a depleted battery could potentially lock you out of your home, but the company says a low-battery notification is issued when the battery is under 10% as a reminder, and when the battery dies, you can charge it via the ports under the lock to directly power up the lock in case of emergency, but obviously, the latter only work when you are inside. The Video Smart Lock also provides physical keys for manual input.
Another potential security hazard is the ability to use Google Assistant/Amazon Alexa voice commands since an intruder could potentially says “Hey Google, open the door” or “Alexa, open the door” to gain access to your home if he/she’s located close enough from the smart speaker.
We could not find any details about the internal design of the device. Just like the earlier (2018) Eufy Evercam security camera, Eufy Security Video Smart Lock has been launched through a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter that has raised close to $700,000 so far. The smart lock is offered for $229 plus shipping, and deliveries at expected to start in May 2022.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
Support CNX Software! Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples