About the Role
Enterprise Monitoring Engineer is responsible for planning, design, implementation and management of an integrated enterprise monitoring system to detect, correlate, and report faults from infrastructure and application components, both on premise and in the cloud. In this role you will manage enterprise monitoring solutions in accordance with business demands and new application and infrastructure requirements and use innovative methods and technologies to identify and solve problems related to system performance, scalability, reliability, and availability. You will collaborate with IT and Business teams to ensure operational readiness of new solutions and ongoing optimization/improvement of existing solutions. Candidate must have expert knowledge of Splunk as well as a strong understanding of monitoring techniques and methodologies, and an ability to quickly learn and incorporate new monitoring technologies into our environment.
This is a Corporate position which may be located at an available bank division location across our eight state footprint in AZ, CO, ID, MT, NV, UT, WA, or WY.
The entry rate for this position is $29.76 per hour (Missoula, MT). All compensation offers are dependent on geographical location, and are analyzed independently, and consider the following: location, years experience, educational background, and existing internal equity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- (Data source design and capture) Design, develop and extract data from on premise and cloud sources to provide consolidated information in our monitoring environment to develop searches, reports, dashboards and alerts that will assist our IT and business teams in keeping systems and applications running efficiently and effectively. This often requires taking unstructured data sources and configuring them into standard data models.
- (Strategic Planning) Work to monitor and align data storage with license and retention requirements. Work collaboratively with members of the business to determine appropriate life spans for each data source to meet retention requirements. Advise the organization on industry best practices and evolving technology solutions in the area of data capture, analytics, and reporting, and monitoring.
- (Reporting / Advanced Data Analytics Support) Responsible for providing technical support to business and IT users for system monitoring throughout the organization. Including the development of metrics, dashboard, reports, triggers and alerts to assist other teams in monitoring business infrastructure and applications.
- (Automate, Maintain Data Load Procedures) Automate recurring data load tasks; Monitor and maintain automation tasks to ensure consistent, reliable, up-to-date data in the enterprise monitoring environment.
- (Linux server) Install, setup and maintain a Linux server environment to provide the base for our monitoring infrastructure.
- (Other System Backup) Provide backup support to other systems in the Infrastructure Services group as determined.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and Office of Foreign Assets Control. Must complete the assigned online training courses and achieve a passing score by the due date.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the fields of data gathering and system and application monitoring required.
- Experience developing Splunk queries, reports, dashboards and alerts preferred.
- Experience working with Linux technologies preferred.
- Knowledge of ITIL practices preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively interact with technical and non-technical staff members throughout the organization and work independently.
Strong customer focus with skills to determine business requirements and uncover unmet internal / external customer needs.
Excellent organizational skills.
Ability to make judgments based on information provided.
Ability to work and complete tasks with minimal direct supervision.
Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Courtesy and tack are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with customers and others inside and outside the organization, generally regarding fairly routine matters for the purposes of giving and obtaining information or instructions, updating or referring. Communications require shorter and not in-depth discussions most of the time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled private office with minimal noise.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $16 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 8 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.