December 29, 2021
Organizations need to build up some effective strategies to secure multi-cloud technologies in today’s digital era
Nowadays, cloud computing has become a primary element, as IT organisations worldwide prefer to be well equipped with both private and public cloud setups rather than availing the traditional IT practices. Gradually, organizations are getting completely reliant on both multi-cloud and hybrid cloud technologies. Multi-cloud technologies consist of multiple cloud computing and storage devices in a single network, while hybrid cloud technology is an amalgamation of public cloud, private cloud as well as traditional on-premises infrastructure.
Cloud computing is one of the most cost-reductive technologies ever built, to modernize traditional IT organizations. As per records, almost 94% organizations worldwide are well equipped with not one, but multi-cloud technologies. The multi-cloud setup has the ability to eliminate the dependency on any single cloud provider. This setup can be built-in organizations where they avail various private cloud platforms, within their private cloud environment.
How to Build Hybrid and Multi-Cloud Strategies
Cloud technology is gradually creating an impact all over the world and organizations are moving towards digital transformation. Now they prefer to opt for either private or public cloud services, instead of the traditional IT practices. As per records, the adoption of multi-cloud technologies will be at its peak soon and over 85 percent of the IT organizations will invest in multi-cloud set up to enhance their business. Multi-cloud technologies are effective if the businesses are dealing with challenges where the users are either not located near any data center or are widely distributed geographically or are facing data storage limits in specific countries, so on and so forth. Hybrid cloud technology, on the other hand, can provide opportunities to organizations to gain a competitive advantage. This cloud strategy will offer the best of public and private cloud services. If an organization can adopt a well-equipped multi-could technology for hybrid cloud setup, an organization can save money like never before.
Traits of a Multi-Cloud Security Strategy
Cloud security strategy can be intimidating, especially for companies that are not digitally sound. Thus, the organizations who want to opt for multi-cloud technologies should follow the five below mentioned principles:
- Cloud agnostic: This means that an organization has to get hold of the power of both public and private clouds from multiple CSPs to build a well-equipped setup that will suit the business needs of a particular organization.
- Consistency: This should ensure equality among controls, processes, frameworks as well as operational modes for smooth functioning of applications across all environments and geographies. Consistency in security strategy, as well as application design across multiple-cloud environments, is the key element behind the success of a multi-cloud security strategy.
- Digitization: Organizations should execute platforms that are capable of actively monitoring, detecting, and neutralizing threats. These systems require minimum investments and are built to perform right out of the box.
- Future-proofing: The organizations should enable modernized security framework to secure both operational and governance services. For example, a famous telecommunications company has successfully enhanced its security by executing a multi-cloud strategy which was designed with a security posture management service.
- Centralized management: Organizations should have unified cabinets or panels in order to manage multi-cloud environments. Centralized management of multi-cloud setups will provide smoothness in policy and posture management and many more.
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy
More info about author