Internet Explorer 11 by Microsoft is the latest browser of the Internet Explorer web browser that offers all the features most web browsers used to implement, in a reliable environment.
What is Internet Explorer 11?
Internet Explorer 11 (also called IE11) is the final version of the no longer maintained Internet Explorer web browser created and owned by Microsoft. IE11 features the main tools you may need and provide a simple and easy-to-use environment.
What are the key features of Internet Explorer 11?
- Interface: IE11 features a minimalistic but well-designed interface so you can easily search and browse the web in a reliable environment.
- Windows and tabs management: You can manage up to 100 tabs in each window, pin the ones you like, and IE11 will ensure it keeps running smoothly. Moreover, you can also manage your windows to view them all simultaneously.
- Favorites: You can add any pages to your favorites and get quick access to them whenever you want. Additionally, you will also be able to organize your favorites in folders to keep everything organized.
- Optimized: Using the SPDY protocol designed by Google, IE11 can load pages way faster than before.
- Web Slices: Web Slices allow you to keep track of changes and updates of the pages you selected so that you will always be notified when the content you care about changes.
- Privacy: You can go online and quickly manage which website can track you as IE11 will always ask you if websites should be added to the Do Not Track exceptions. Moreover, thanks to the Enhanced Protected Mode, IE11 will further restrict and deny potential attackers access to personal information.
- Add-ons: It gives you direct access to various online services by right-clicking anywhere on the web page or highlighting text. For example, you can perform a search using the words you highlighted.
- Touchscreen: Browse the internet using only your fingers thanks to the built-in touchscreen support.
- WebGL technology: Internet Explorer 11 supports WebGL, an open standard that dramatically improves 3D graphics in web browsers.
How to use Internet Explorer 11?
- Once you launch Internet Explorer 11, you can start browsing the web by entering the URL or keywords you want in the search bar.
- If you want to see your favorite bar, press and hold (or right-click) any space in the area above the address bar. From the context menu, select the Favorites bar.
- To add a page to your favorites, just select the start in the upper right corner of the page.
Is it free?
Yes, Internet Explorer 11 is entirely free to use.
Is it safe?
As Internet Explorer 11 is no longer maintained by Microsoft, it may have security flaws in the future.