The Daviess County Public Schools district is hosting an STLP Showcase next week, giving anyone who is interested a chance to see how DCPS students are using technology in today’s world. Schools participating in the showcase include Apollo and Daviess County high schools, Burns and College View middle schools, and Audubon, Southern Oaks, Tamarack and West Louisville elementary schools.
The event is scheduled from 6-7:30 p.m. on Tuesday at Audubon Elementary School (300 Worthington Road).
The goal of the event is to bring together all STLP (Student Technology Leadership Program) students to showcase and recognize their innovative and unique projects and products in a setting designed to educate fellow students and the public.
Throughout the school year, STLP students participate in a wide range of activities. Other students will be displaying their digital art projects, videos and photography that they have submitted for judging. The showcase will feature robotic demonstrations, a technology scavenger hunt, and Scratch (computer programing site) training for the students to participate in during the event.
“This event is the time for these students to shine as each one shows off to parents, peers and the community the technology leadership project that has been worked on for several months,” said Aaron Yeiser, DCPS coordinator of instructional technology.
DCPS STLP coordinator Andrea Head added, “The pride and ownership the students will display as they present their work will be a strong indication of the leadership roles they have cultivated during the development of these projects.”
STLP projects that will be featured at this showcase include:
- Burns Middle School – Burns Fox News
- College View Middle School – Recycling
- Apollo High School – Mission: Earth Recycle
- Audubon Elementary School – STLP Website and Guidelines for Success App
- Daviess County High School – Bench Smart
- Southern Oaks Elementary – Stallion News
- Tamarack Elementary School – Tamarack Translators, Digital Bathroom Pass and Student Salute
- West Louisville Elementary School – Canceling Bullying