Today is Tuesday, July 13, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Hyperthermia Alert: Montgomery County issued a Hyperthermia Alert from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. The alert is sent when temperatures/heat index is forecast to be at least 95 degrees. See hot weather safety tips and information here.
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) July 12, 2021
2. COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Clinics: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at nine testing sites today. Montgomery County clinics are vaccinating residents ages 12 and older. Make an appointment here.
3. Council Meeting: The Montgomery County Council begins its virtual session at 9 a.m. Watch live on YouTube and Facebook. See the agenda here.
The Council will meet tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. with a busy agenda. See everything being covered here: https://t.co/OQTJHkli5s.
Watch live @CountyCableMoCo, Facebook or YouTube at https://t.co/1ERvIFSt4Q. pic.twitter.com/xdrHSeyEhX
— Montgomery Council (@MoCoCouncilMD) July 12, 2021
4. Information Session for Tenants: The Housing Initiative Partnership will host a Zoom information session for tenants at 7 p.m. See more here.
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) July 11, 2021
5. Animation Workshops: It’s the last day to register for animation workshops with Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL). A virtual workshop for children will be held Wednesday at 10 a.m. and one for seniors will be held Friday at 10 a.m.
1 more day to register for animation workshops for kids & seniors, this week at MCPL! Kids: 7/14, 10amhttps://t.co/6TtZwWlTbI Seniors (50+) 7/16, 10am: https://t.co/9nOba6xKSB With artist Leila Cabib & funded in part by @WheatonMD Cultural Project Grant from @creativemoco. pic.twitter.com/yA7gvq1evq
— mcpl_Libraries (@MCPL_Libraries) July 12, 2021
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.