Gauteng Provincial Government invites submission of Events and Bidding and Hosting proposals for the 2019/20 financial year. Gauteng Tourism in partnership with Department of Sports Arts Culture and Recreation on behalf of Gauteng Provincial Government seeks to invest in the events listed below that generate significant immediate and long-term economic benefits and align with wider government objectives through leverage and legacy opportunities. The proposals must be within the following categories:
- Iconic/Mega EventAn event that attracts overseas, regional and domestic visitors to Gauteng and generates significant economic benefits for the province. The event attracts global media coverage, appeals to a wide-range of people, creates vibrancy across the province and is able to sustain legacy in the province.
- Major Events An event that generates significant economic benefits for the province, but may be limited to specific interest groups. Generates significant global media coverage but restricted to specific interest groups. Will attract special interest overseas, regional and domestic visitors to Gauteng.
- Signature EventsGenerally, has wide appeal, generates vibrancy but does not attract significant number of overseas, regional and domestic visitors to the province. Has wide appeal to local residents across the province and visitors from neighboring province.
- Local Events An event that typically only attracts attendees from Gauteng, but still generates significant media coverage (national and/or local) and attracts a significant number of attendees and hence generates a good economic impact for the province.
- Township (Community) Events Typically localised to one community, attracts residents and results in localised economic impact.
- MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conference and Exhibitions/Events) Events
National/International events should meet the following criteria:
- Be organised on a regular basis (one-time events are not included).
- Rotate between at least three different countries.
- Attract at least 300 participants
The following supporting documents to be included in your submission:
- Proof of Company Registration/CK1/2/NGO/Co-operative
- Proof of Registration with the Central Supplier Database with CSD Number
- Original Tax Clearance Certificate and a Certified copy of a Tax Exemption letter where applicable
- Valid BBBEE Certificate/Sworn Affidavits for EMEs and QSEs signed by the deponent and certified by the Commissioner of Oaths;
- Company Information Form
- Certified Copies of ID of members or shareholders (not older than three months)
- Detailed Company Profile with references
- Stamped Bank Confirmation Letter of Account (not older than three months)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE NO BRIEFING FOR THIS RFP.
Proposals will be evaluated in the two phases:
1. Administrative Compliance – bidders will be assessed whether they submitted all the administrative documents required above.
2. Functionality – the received proposals will be measured against the evaluation criteria using the “Event Classification Tool”.
NB: Proposals that fail to meet the requirements stipulated in the RFP and those that do not meet the evaluation criteria will be disqualified from further evaluation.
Event Organisers & Professional Conference Organisers & Entities can download the evaluation criteria form the following website www.gauteng.net and www.gauteng.gov.za.
Event Organisers, Professional Conference Organisers & Entities must submit their proposals in a sealed envelope directly to the following physical address:
- No 124 Main Street, 11th Floor, Gauteng Tourism Offices in the Box Marked GTA Events Proposals 2019/20, by the 11 February 2019, closing at 16h00; or
- No 35 Rissik Street, Department of Sports, Arts, Culture and Recreation Offices in the Box Marked SACR Events Proposals 2019/20 by 11 February 2019, closing at 16h00.
Please note that only hard copies will be accepted, and that no electronic submissions will be accepted or considered. If you do not get a reply from GTA within 60 days from closing date of submissions, you must consider your submission unsuccessful.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON CLARIFICATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Ms L Rabi on 0110852111 | ten.gnetuag@stneve, Ms P Muvevi on 011355 2552 | firstname.lastname@example.orgP and Mr D Nakana on email@example.com