Welcome back, Three Village! Here’s everything you need to know to get this day started. Here’s everything you need to know today in Three Village.
Here are the top 5 stories today in Three Village:
- Emma Clark Memorial Library will welcome historian Elizabeth Kaplan who will present a lecture via Zoom about women who were influencers when women were fighting for the right to vote. The lecture will be presented on March 31 at 7 p.m. Click here to register. (ECML)
- Stony Brook Village Center’s management staff warns the Three Village community and surroundings about a scam that has been spread on social media about vendors for Stony Brook events. Scammers are asking for a $40 deposit Via Paypal to reserve locations. “Anyone who believes they may be a victim of a crime through social media, particularly one during which they have shared personal information or sent money, is urged to file a police report by calling 631-852-SCAM (7226).” (tbrnewsmedia)
- The Oswego Jazz Project presentation at the Jazz Loft is set for March 29 at 4 p.m. Tickets are $10 and the Jazz Loft is located at 275 Christian Ave, Stony Brook. (Patch)
- Nearby News: State-of-the-art Ground Vehicle Transportation had its grand opening at MacArthur Airport. Thursday was a day to celebrate the new hub center for all ground vehicles like rental cars, taxi stands, and ride-hailing services. The center will open for customers on April 6. (News 12 Brooklyn)
- Looking for a seasonal job in Long Island? The Town of Smithtown is now accepting applications for the ones looking for a summer job. Click on the link to check all positions available and apply. (Smithtownjobs)
Today in Three Village:
- NYSSMA Jazz – Comsewogue School District. (All Day)
- Musical Production – Centereach High School. (All Day)
- Defensive Driving– Comsewogue Public Library. (9:45 a.m.)
- Crochet Workshop – Port Jefferson Free Library. (2:30 p.m.)
- Stony Brook Symphony Orchestra – Stony Brook University. (8 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Police Blotter for issue of March 24. (TBR News Media)
- “A group of Babylon alumni and allies are calling on the school district to take further action after a special education teacher pleaded “not guilty” to multiple rape charges on Wednesday. Timothy Harrison, 46, of Oak Beach, was charged with two counts of third-degree rape, two counts of third-degree criminal sexual act, and endangering the welfare of a child in federal court in Riverhead, Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney said.” (Patch)
- “Jakes 58 And Northwell Health Team Up To Help Ukraine. Jake’s 58 Casino Hotel of Islandia and Northwell Health are partnering to send medical supplies to hospitals in Ukraine, according to a news release from Suffolk Off-Track Betting (OTB).” (Patch)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Three Village Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
That’s it for today. See you all tomorrow for another update!
— Debora Whitehead
About me: Have a story idea? Please contact me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler, and nature lover.