Happy Tuesday, people of Los Angeles; today is National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day! Let’s get you all caught up to start today off on an informed note.
A popular food truck is no longer serving its fish tacos. Also, did you fall victim to a blessing scam? Finally, is the Care First, Jail Last initiative “defundment in disguise?”
First, today’s weather:
Clouds yielding to sun. High: 66 Low: 52.
Here are the top stories in Los Angeles today:
- The Los Angeles Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire in the 12000 block of N Susan Dr in Granada Hills. Firefighters quickly extinguished a kitchen fire with no injuries. (Facebook)
- The Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden invites you to come to check out some of the spring blooms that are showing up around the garden. Beautiful and fragrant wisteria can be found at the Zen Deck and Celebration Garden. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- The ABC’s of Probate – Webinar (March 30)
- Estate Planning for Your Loved Ones – Webinar (March 30)
- The Sweetest, Meaningful Hour Helping Our Moms Love Work Enjoy LA’s Best Coffee + Chocolates (April 3)
- Kids Do Drawing to Earn Donations for Ukraine and Sweet Treats (April 3)
- The Sweetest Contest for Girls Who Love Drawing and Shopping (April 3)
- Taxes in Retirement Webinar (April 4)
- A Sweet Mom Brunch Helps Your College Grad Land 1st Job! (April 22)
- [Free Masterclass] Increase Your Website Sales & Leads Using SEO (April 22)
- Add your event
Loving the Los Angeles Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Tuesday. I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update!
— Sylvia Cochran
About me: Sylvia Cochran works out of sunny Southern California and has been freelance writing full-time since 2005. She loves dogs, cats, books, plays Best Fiends (don’t judge), embraces social justice, and tries to live out Micah 6:8.